No breeding going on

CATALYST

I've had a pair of pink skunks for 2 years with no eggs or breeding. I know they are slow but...anyone know their habits?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Or the female ignores him all the time and is always "chatting it up" else where..... "You've lost that LOVING feeling woa woa woaaaaaa"

sneaks03

I'm with AL on this one, set the mood for them. And it is probably the female, she may have a headache.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
They may not feel secure. Clowns are more likely to spawn if they are the only tank inhabitants. She may be forming eggs, and then reabsorbing them.

You can try covering the tank on 3 sides to make them feel safer, or increasing the lights to 15 hours a day. That has been known to induce spawning.

But really all forms of stress need to be removed from their environment.

Clowns are very good at telling time btw. they need to be fed the same time everyday; otherwise they get stressed

This may not be good for your tank, but it helps them spawn

jski711

Food food and more food. I began feeding heavily
(Rods Food) and within weeks my clowns began spawning. I think good feedings is key to healthy and spawning fish.

CATALYST

They may not feel secure. Clowns are more likely to spawn if they are the only tank inhabitants. She may be forming eggs, and then reabsorbing them.

You can try covering the tank on 3 sides to make them feel safer, or increasing the lights to 15 hours a day. That has been known to induce spawning.

But really all forms of stress need to be removed from their environment.

Clowns are very good at telling time btw. they need to be fed the same time everyday; otherwise they get stressed

This may not be good for your tank, but it helps them spawn

I notice that they are more active and chatty when it gets dark early in the day...and the lights stay on with the room being dark. There is just a goby in there with them. I know they tell time. I feed them mysis or marine cuisine. Same time every morning but a little different at night. Maybe I'll try to shift the lights and try for a more regular dinner.

DaveK

LOL!!! Omg, you guys crack me up! So Dave are you recommending a few drops of Grey Goose?

:drunk:

This may not be as far out as it sounds. There are people that use vodka dosing in their reef. Although it's done to control nitrates rather than to get clownfish "in the mood".

Try some candles and soft romantic music :)

I agree, a little bit of soft music and a little bit of alone time works ; so give the fish a night to them selfs LOL :bouncer: UNLESS (is their any other clownfish in the tank) because if their is.......... awwwww.....cheating clownfish...... that's just funny; maybe that's why alot of my pairs are not spawning because they are seeing other clownfish and want to be with them even though they are in a different tank?:willis: