NHLblues44's reef tanks updates.

Well I thought I would start a thread to document the evolution of my 2 reef tanks. The first is my 72 gallon zoanthid tank with a few lps and lps and softies thrown in. The second is my 75 gallon softie lps system that I am slowly converting to a sps/lps only system. It is taking forever to get rid of all the anthalia that I had in that tank:(

The 72 gallon is a oceanic bowfront that i built into the wall with a 20 gallon on each side. It is run by a blueline 800 gph pump from a DIY ecosystem and sump. It has a lifereef vs-24 skimmer that is fed by a iwaki 1440 gph pump that is T'd and feeds my 45 gallon prop system also. Current lighting is (2) 175 watt Ushio 10k's,(3) 110 watt vho's actinic blue, and (1) 110 watt vho actinic white. The vho's run longer than the halides for a dusk/dawn effect. Currently looking into wave devices or ph controller.

The 75 gallon is also an oceanic. I did the same thing with DIY and lifereef skimmer on it. In about 18 months it has become covered in coraline algea. I am currently running (2) 110 watt vho aquasun and (2) 110 watt vho actinic blues over this tank but the bulbs are very old and need replaced.

I have a (2)250 watt ABde and (2)54 watt t5 fixture coming today but not sure which tank its going on yet. I think they might have sent the wrong coloration bulbs so I will have to see.I ordered 20k but the invoice says 13k. Anyone running the 250 watt AB bulbs in 13k? How do they look?

I will post some closeups of the corals and fish this week.

inwall.JPG

small72gallon.JPG

small75gallon.JPG

SaltySam

Wow, very nice tanks. Looking forward to more pics.
I'm jealous of you folks with tanks in the wall. I think
that looks so neat.

Gina

RS STAFF
LOL! That's just what I was thinking!!! I especially like the two tanks on each side of the middle one! Very nice! Looking forward to more pics!

AJinNY

I love tanks in the wall...the 2 side tanks are a cool idea too.

Notice how the bezel on the clock perfectly matches the color of the sofa? Some swanky place you got there Jim.

Thanks everybody! :) Not a gibson, a couple Jacksons, I used to play in a band for a few years. I do need to turn that couch around. But then how will I see survivor?LOL :drooool: Survivor Thursday :drooool: LOL.

The wife and I love it too. Have been hooked for years. That and big brother are the only reallity shows we like tho. Oh yea and fear factor of coarse!:)

Here are my new arrivals. Just got these today from Mufflerman on trade. They are very nice and opened right away. Matt(mufflerguy) is a great person to do business with and I highly recomend him to anyone, packaging was great too. Here they are after about 2 hrs. in the frag tank. Gonna glue them to rocks and move to display tank in a few days.

greenlord.JPG

redlord.JPG

Ok, Here are 16 pics to get started. I will post some more soon.;)

Attachments

• threadpic1.JPG
    threadpic1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 63
  • threadpic2.jpg
    threadpic2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 62
  • threadpic3.jpg
    threadpic3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 62
  • threadpic4.jpg
    threadpic4.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 63
more

Attachments

• threadpic5.jpg
    threadpic5.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 62
  • threadpic6.jpg
    threadpic6.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 63
  • threadpic7.jpg
    threadpic7.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 63
  • threadpic8.jpg
    threadpic8.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 64
still more

Attachments

• threadpic9.jpg
    threadpic9.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 63
  • threadpic10.jpg
    threadpic10.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 64
  • threadpic11.jpg
    threadpic11.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 63
  • threadpic12.jpg
    threadpic12.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 62
and last for today.:)

Attachments

• threadpic13.jpg
    threadpic13.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 64
  • threadpic14.jpg
    threadpic14.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 64
  • threadpic15.jpg
    threadpic15.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 62
  • threadpic16.jpg
    threadpic16.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 63
Yes it is. I got him about 6 months ago and he's gone from 2 inches to about 5 inches. And man is he a pig! He will prob. outgrow the reef in a few more months. Thats when I get to put up my 300 gallon tank for him this summer when construction picks up:). Very beautiful fish but very fast growers.

Thanks Mark.:)

Alan,
He has gotten alot of bright blue dots on him and his lips have turned bright blue too, I would assume he is in the middle of his morph now but it will probly take a while to complete. Don't think I have any old pics of him tho.