next fish

zack879

Do you absolutely need a light for a refeguim? I think the hob ones are terrible looking and I don't have a sump.

bmplank86

Has been struck by the ban stick
If you plan on running macro algae you do. Something has to make it grow to compete against the DT for nutrient absorption.

"No rain, no rainbow"

Brandon78

I know I'm a little late but I have a royal gramma and it is one of my favorites. Like Matt said it defends it's home, but besides that mine shows no aggression at all. Mine is very active, used to be super shy but it must of got used to us because it's all over the place now.

zack879

so a pod hotel is just PVC with holes drilled into it and caps on the end? whats on the inside of the tubing? I'm totally gunna make one. I'll do anything to not add a refugium. I just don't have the room underneath for a sump i don't think and the HOB refugiums are super ugly. Only way I'd consider it is if i got get rid of the HOB filter but I think i need carbon right?

Tru2nr

Just add either rubble rock or mesh netting inside...dont over stuff it but aslo dont under stuff it...you want water to easily go through it

...60% of the time it works every time

zack879

Alright sweet. I'll do it this week and get a few more packs of pods. I get at least one every time I go to the lfs