next fish

fishguy4

Uh, I never really had problems with my six line wrasse but it had bouts with the Royal Gramma every once in a while. It or the Royal Gramma does not mix with Dottybacks at all IMO.

thats why im worried my assessor looks like a dottyback so im kinda worried about that

and i have always liked foxface. what are their requirements?

zack879

Live aquaria says reef safe w caution and 70 gal min but everyone says 50 from my experience so I'd what to think

fishguy4

then i will prob end up gettin one i just gotta watch my fingers!

But rly u should get an assessor, the most indestructible fish ever. twice i was takin rocks out to aquascape and i put them in a baking sheet but somehow he got in there and was sitting in like 1/4 inches of water! and let me tell u this happened twice! mine is so amazing he has gone through 3 ich outbreaks without getting any at all. plus its super peaceful and reef safe so it really is a perfect fish!

zack879

i think an assesor is cool but if i was to do a basslet it would be a gramma. but i think i like the foxface better and maybe it would help w/ the green algae that i constantly need to scrape of the walls. only wall i can't get it off of is the back beause thats where my heater uv, skimmer and all that crap are. it's so ugly and most importanly it will do ok w/ a mandarin. thats the fish i started sw for

fishguy4

ya lol. i saw this thing on ebay its like this thin fabric that put into a ball and held together at the top. apparently pods love it but it just seems like another product that doesnt really fulfill wat its supposed to

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
I had a neon dotty back best bristle worm hunter ever. Yes way better then the 6 line wrasse but he was a mean bugger

I've got a royal gramna(not shy at all,about 1" long),a pair of sixlines,and a pair of orchid dottybacks,none are shy and wonderful fish if I had to pick just one I would most definantly pick the orchid! I've had a mandarin before ,train it to eat frozen foods its not hard it just takes a little time but totally worth it(it had better colors once it was eating frozen mysis)but its really important not to move it around from a diffrent tank that it's trained from and it needs 2-5 small feeding daily.

sk8rdn

fishguy4 said:
ya lol. i saw this thing on ebay its like this thin fabric that put into a ball and held together at the top. apparently pods love it but it just seems like another product that doesnt really fulfill wat its supposed to

Forget that... Build one. Cost me like $5..

engineer goby said:
Build a Pod hotel so you can start growing their numbers

First 7 photos is my pod hotel:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58258353@N03/sets/72157629815791756/

....Secret Super Hero....

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
Forward me that Mag18, it's useless to you sitting in the box

Sorry bro, its powering the 50... See further down the photo series... :D

Good try though...

sk8rdn

engineer goby said:
Think of the fun you could have sending in Priority mail to Philadelphia :)

Ok, one mag 18 (only used for about a month or two) for one 90 gallon reef tank... Deal?

N83259

Just shy. U don't see them too much but ya really pretty.

I know each individual can have a different personality, but my Royal Gramma stays out in the open a lot. Or perhaps consider a Purple Basslet. The same fish but just a different color. It kind of resembles a Purple Dottyback.

Darkwrym

I have two mandarins right now, a red female and green male. Both are trained on frozen. They love live brine as well, but its not the best for them at all. It does take a little longer to train them but it is worth it. Definitly a great addition to a reef tank. Guides for training are all over the internet. :smoking:

Tru2nr

Psh who needs a pod hotel just make sure you have a refugium n buy pods with your coral purchase every 3 months lol

...my names Donnie and I like bishkits