Newbie on the forum

lferrero

Hello everybody,
nice meeting you all in this forums.
I'll start excusing me because english is not my native language, so expect some absurd grammatical mistakes.
Ok, i'd being keeping saltwater aquariums for a decade now but i do not consider myself an expert but an appassionate hobbyist.
i thought it was a good moment to start participating in this very interesting blog because i just bought an RedSea Max C250 and planning to move from my current 95 Gal. (oceanic wave tank) so, any advice on how to move from the old aquarium the new 66 Gal one will be greatly appreciated!.

By the way, if anyone wants the Oceanic wave 95 gallon tank i will gladly give it for free. The stand is not in good shape but the tank is like new.

Thanks everyone for all advice you can share.
Luis (from Miami FL)

milaitzia

Welcome aboard, lferrero :fishy2:
Make quickly 5 post and show us some pics of your tank:)
The one way is to go to photobucket.com, upload, than copy the IMG and paste here.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello Luis :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Hope you are going to start a tank thread for your New RSM C250...a beautiful tank :thumbup:
Can you leave your leave your 95gal running while your RSM 250 cycles?

lferrero

thanks for your welcome! :D
i would love to keep the 95 going, but it's going to be a tough negotiation with my wife ;)
Do you think that if i transfer the "old water" and the live fidji rock i will still go through a maturation cycles with the C250?
Should i expect algae?

Snid

Are you taking the sand too? You might get a slight Diatom outbreak if you do, which is okay because it will pass. It would happen because new silicates get stirred to the surface of the sand bed, but once they are consumed the Diatoms should vanish.

I think that taking your old water and LR and sand should prevent a cycle from happening again (emphasis on should), especially if it is pretty much a direct transfer.