New to...well everything!

CREEPIN

im going to do a full water check today when i get home from work...found my blue damsel dead in my tank...

CREEPIN

one more question lol

where can i find a list of components (fuge ect..) i may need in my tank and what they are for??

michael_cb_125

Here are some things you will NEED!

Tank
Stand
Canopy
Protein Skimmer
Sump
Return Pump
Plumbing Supplies
Powerheads
Live Rock
Sand
Refugium (not a must, but really helps out)
Calcium Reactor/Kalk Reactor/other calcium dosing method)
Chemical Media Reactor (again not a must, but will really make life easier)
Overflow Pipes
Return Pipes
LIGHTING (this category depends on what you want to keep as far as corals go. MH T5 PC LED)
Other random maintenance gear.

If you have any questions on brands or what things are used for just ask!!
~Michael

CREEPIN

i was doin some research, and i'm jus gonna do a couple of upgrades to the biocube while i save for my future tank..

what skimmer u guys reccomend?? i know BC has one for my 14, any good?

michael_cb_125

IMO all of the skimmers made by the aquarium companies are junk. for example Current usa makes the fisson nano skimmer, which is JUNK. I would look for a quality HOB. Is your tank the one with the hood, or the pod fixture?
If you have the all in one hood a HOB will not work.
~Michael

michael_cb_125

Hummmmmmm....... I know saphire used to makea nano skimmer, but I think that they are out of business now. I would look on nano tuners website. Maybe give them a call. They will be more knowledgeable on Nano skimmers that I will.

CREEPIN

so basicly i dont NEED one but it would be nice?

ok...i'm gonna remove 1/4 of my bioballs and put some live rock pieces...good idea for starts??

zeus_roush

yeah i would think. iam not really sure on the process of removing bio balls. when i took mine out i had nothing in the tank.

CREEPIN

ok...i tested my water yesterday and guess what??

everything was FINE!! except i had to add a little fresh water...but thats it!!

incredible!

michael_cb_125

If you have LR in the tank, I would take out all of the Bio Balls. Also, I would NEVER have any sized tank setup without a skimmer. It just sets you up for disaster. ~Michael

CREEPIN

well i took out all my bioballs and left the siporax....installed the skimmer...but now i have micro bubbles!