New to Reef Sanctuary

road2runner

Hey guys im new to this place and let me just say..... WOW!! this place is fan-friggen-tastic. its an wealth of of imformation and basically answered all of my questions so far. Ive bin keeping saltwater fish for a couple years now with fairly good success..... and like any person on this site..... i want more!!! i decided that im going to transform my 29g salt tank into a reef tank. i updated my crapy store canopy lights to a T-5 double linear strip with an 18 watt 10,000K daylight fluorescent and a 18 watt actinic blue fluorescent! im pretty excited about the new look in my tank. now i am in the process of building a 20g sump (with the help and advice of reef sanctuary). once the sump is up and running im going to add some corals but im not sure if i want soft or hard... any ideas? suggestions? ive done some research as to what corals are more hardy and better for beginner coral keepers. i do like some of the mushrooms out there as well as a couple of the finger leathers. im going to document the transformation of my tank with every new additon and change that i make to it. i look forward to asking many silly questions and getting all your guys' help and advice.

thanks in advance everyone.

John

prow

hey welcome. i suggest you stick with mushes and lps to get you started.
REEF ON!!!!!!!!!!

road2runner

ok this is for all the picture junkies... bare with me i know my tank is really dirty hahaha. im in the process of gathering and good cleanup crew. so far i have a blue tuxedo urchin, who is doing one heck of a job by the way. any suggestions for good cleanup?? snails? more urchins? i dont want to get too many urchins, or snails for that matter, and have them starve and die.

this is the beginning of the transformation.......

road2runner

yeah.... ummm..... for some reason i cant upload any pictures.... i followed the instructions.... and then nothing happend.......????

road2runner

ok... let me try again... hopefully this works this time :)

nemo1.jpg

anenomeresize.jpg

urchin.jpg

smallmufasa.jpg

tank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: