New Tank set up

Aldo Garcia

Hello All,

Just got a 40 gallon breeder. I will be using 2 Ai Prime's for lighting. I plan on having some live rock a few fish some clowns and some SPS & LPS.

My questions is has anyone ever used one of these?

I want to get one and was looking for an honest opion.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

DaveK

I have not used that specific product. It's essentially a hang inside the tank filter. The one I had was an original minireef hang on the tank filter.

These units do work in that they filter the water. You could use it and have a nice reef. However, you can do a whole lot better. This filter is in effect a hang on tank filter that happens to live inside your tank. By doing so, it decreases the water volume slightly, about 5 gal. Note that the filter media is similar to what you'd use for a FW tank. This is more an all in one filter, rather than a sump.

If you don't want a conventional sump on the floor get a large hang on tank filter like an aqua clear and a hang on skimmer like a AquaC Remora, and you'll have lots better filtration. You will also get more space inside the tank.

Aldo Garcia

The reason i was thinking about getting this is because i could put a skimmer and the heater all inside maybe a small refugium in the slot in the middle. i like the clean look that it would give me.

Last edited: