new tank project

theskunk

well i have run out of patience with my little 20g tank so have decided to go with a 60g cube 24x24x24. just about as big as i want to go with in my little second floor apartment. a friend of mine bought a 150g and is going to sell me his 60g cheaper than i can get it threw work

i think the setup so far is as follows

4x24 t-5s
3 koralia 1's
reefkeeper lite controller
haven't decided on a return pump leaning towards mag9 because its cheap
im thinking im going to go with a custom wetdry with a 20g fuge above it
leaning towards asm-1 skimmer or a berlin

ill be using a 2 part additive we make at work

my stock list

pair of skunk clowns-already own
neon goby-already own
royal grama-already own
male leopard wrasse
bi-color blenny
maybe one more i haven't decided

as far as coral goes it will be a mox of sps,lps,and softies

ill have a pic of the bare tank up tomorrow i just dont feel like resizing it rigt now im tired

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sounds like a FUN upgrade. Only thing I would change is DUMP the Wet/Dry! They work GREAT for FO or FOWLR but in due time will most likely become a Nitrate factory and cause head aches. Just build your live rock and live sand up to be your Biological filtration system.

seafansar

Sounds like a FUN upgrade. Only thing I would change is DUMP the Wet/Dry! They work GREAT for FO or FOWLR but in due time will most likely become a Nitrate factory and cause head aches. Just build your live rock and live sand up to be your Biological filtration system.

You could do what I did. I took out the bioballs in my wet/dry, cut a hole in the plastic with all the small holes in it that holds the blue/white filter pad, and put a sock filter in it. Works great!

stonedfish

Thats the sme tank I have. I love the look of it but its just not long enough IMO. Also I had to put a second fixture on the tank to cover the lighting front to back. Still a great tank. Congrats. Id love to see pics when it is up

acemow

Yep, it's gonna look really nice! +1 on the folks who suggest the sump minus the wet/dry system. I too took out bioballs and then made part into a fuge area for chaeto. Happy reefing!!

theskunk

seance i am doing diy t-5 hood and this is my first experience with t-5s are there any suggestions on bulbs, ballasts, reflectors and i think i am going to go with 6 bulbs instead of 4

the plan is to use workhorse ballasts icecap slr reflectors and icecap end caps as it will be a mixed reef containing sps lps and softies im not quite sure of which bulbs to use

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Lots of opinions on bulbs, but its very subjective.

I like
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Actinic White
UVL Aquasun
ATI BLUE Plus