New sump ???`s

PEMfish

Either I need to put in a new overflow ( yeah right! ) Or raise baffle 1.25". Sounds like that'll happen.

PEMfish

I got a 6.5" tile today at Menards, broke it up into many +/- 1" pieces. So, can I keep them in my sump - until I use one ( coal frag )? The receipt says colise, I'm 99% sure its ceramic.

btw, I got some weird looks when I took a rock out of my pocket, spit on it, then compared tiles to it lol )

tbittner

LMAO!!!

Oh yeah, a TRUE reefer... :lol:

I was wondering if you were going to get back to this overflow or if you were just going to forget about it. :D

tbittner

I was hoping someone would answer this because those little ceramic bathroom tiles would make awesome frag plugs.

PEMfish

I know they can be used as frag plugs. But keeping them in the sump is uncharted. For less than a dollar I got a good 50. And they match the LR.

Can't wait till tomorrow.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Not sure about the ceramic tiles. They're painted aren't they? I wonder what type of glue is used in them... I'm not sure if anything would leach out of them or not.
I'm a bit on the paranoid side now from using the wrong silicone (I think). I just would not do it. It's not worth saving a few dollars. Just use rock rubble. Cover a large reef rock with a towel and hammer it into small pieces... voila~ frag plugs :)

PEMfish

Go time

Steve, I couldn't get the union opened! WTF? Its only hand tightened and I have have never had this before.

Any way, the baffle extension lets it go ( isn't sealed perfect ) in +/- 30 sec. The end on the U tube stays submerged. Will it restart?

PEMfish

Woo Hoo

Well, skimmer is not right.

THANKS

Man, when that started up perfectly all I could think was RS. It ain't running right now. The skimmer - witch is in the feed line- malfunctioned. How I don't know, when I saw water I didn't stop to ask questions. It will be removed and fixed ( I think I feed it too muck and the overflow cup went over ) But expect another post soon.

PEMfish

It goin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Loud as can be and 5 ft from my door-less bedroom.

Attachments

• Yehooo.gif
    Yehooo.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 24

PEMfish

I heard an electrical buzzing from the outlet area. So I unplugged to the pump immediately. It stopped a minuet
I am concerned about the noise. The water going down the feed line takes air with it. It makes noise in the sump when it comes out but mostly in the hang on.

tbittner

Did you try putting an air line tube down the pipe going to the sump? This will allow air to escape from the pipe and should quiet it down quite a bit.

You'll probably need to adjust how far to insert the tubing until you find that sweet spot that makes it as quiet as possible.

PEMfish

Ok, I's driving S down R64 were its merged with REnough and I see this thing barreling down my lane, on coming. I didn't slow down, it was way to big to be a truck. And then, WHAM! It was screw it.
I have had enough tinkering and have slammed full on to the Screw it point. This is as good as its going to get. Hope I don't have to operate heavy equipment tomorrow. Its quiet as its ever been but still will be horrible to try to sleep with.
Enough yelling and attitude. Thanks RS, I could have never built this without good advice ( think I'm bad at physics? Wait till you ask me to add 2 figure numbers and spell jiraffe LOL )

PEMfish

Watery woes

In the section were the drain pipe is, in the HOB, the water level has risin a few inches. It was sitting just off the pipe ( hence the loud noise ) but has gone up 1.5". It has leveled off now, so I am not concerned. The overflow in the tank, I think the water level in that went up, but looking at it now, I was probaly just paranoid. What would cause this?

tbittner

Marijuana?

hehehe, J/K!!! :D

Sounds like you had air trapped inside the drain pipe and it wasn't permitting the water to drain smoothly. Do you have the sump end of the pipe completely submerged?