New sump ???`s

Hey there is a newer pump out made by pentair aquatics and there pumps have an adjustable flow rate the smallest one they have is 220 gph idk if that will help at all.

PEMfish

I am thinking of building a distributer. It would be a small plastic box - food safe product - the return line would feed it from the left side, and several small tubes running from it would go into the tank. It would sit on two L brackets, the top being 1.5" above the back edge of the tank.

Attachments

• dis plans.jpg
    dis plans.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 22

PEMfish

So I did a w/c. I raised the water level in teh sump. In the HOB, the part with the drain, the water level went up about 2". This was more that I liked, it could not be allowed to raise n its own. So, grasping a straws I yanked the air line that went down the tube out. The water level dropped to even with the drain pipe. So I put it back in. The level rose to the point were I shut off the pump! I will put it back were it was ( or close as I remember ) and see.

PEMfish

It was a clog. Blew it out and now its loud again. So, whan the clog was small it was running good. You thinking what I am? Valve.

PEMfish

Shocked no one asked for these...

Attachments

• new sump 008mod.jpg
    new sump 008mod.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 33
  • new sump 009mod.jpg
    new sump 009mod.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 33
  • new sump 020mod.jpg
    new sump 020mod.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 33
  • new sump 003mod.jpg
    new sump 003mod.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 32

PEMfish

btw, the heater was only exposed for a short time. Even before that, and still, it looks like it dose not have much time left on earth.

PEMfish

Heaters been on for a good 18 hours now. The temp has drooped 3 degrees in that time. Shows it still heats but not enough. Also, I have RO on a drip. over 12 hours 1 quart has gone in the system but the water level still dropped 1/8th of an inch. I am planing on getting the skimmer and valve in tonight, and to put something over the drain pipe ( foam ) cause the water level went up 3" back there.

tbittner

The foam will really quiet down the overflow but you want to be super careful in how you do that. As the foam becomes stuffed with crap, it's going to slow down the flow, which will allow the water level to rise in the overflow and the tank.

Think about a stand pipe for it.

PEMfish

Dose the cap have to be sealed on?
Also, I'd need a way to couple it in the inside of the pipe.

PEMfish

Being that A few thins were over looked in the past. The stand pipe must be a sure thing with no 'adjustments'. Like the hight of the baffle, and feed diameter. I think for now, this will be fine. Thanks.

PEMfish

Well, I hate to keep being the hog here but you must have been waiting to hear this.
I broke it.
Yup.
Under water glue is drying now. Should be going soon though.

PEMfish

The U tube in siliconed to the overflow and HOB,,, or was. I was trying to make the grooves deeper in the overflow to lower the water level. I broke the u tube off from the HOB. I used some underwater glue to put it back on but It ended up being higher than before. And its on an angle now :(.

PEMfish

Now, I know this ain't gonna be no miracle cure, but evaporation is through the roof.
What do yall think?

Attachments

• Image1.jpgtyjr.jpg
    Image1.jpgtyjr.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 13

vdituri

If you are thinking of using RO water in the other tank to siphon out and autotop off the main tank, I'm think it won't work. The salt will automatically try to even itself out and will work it's way up the tube and into the RO tank, thereby reducing the overall salinity of the display tank.

PEMfish

Well, I did a stand pipe. I stuck a piece of 1/2" tube in the drain pipe in the HOB and stuck a piece of 3/4" pipe over that. So the 1/2" is a coupling between the two 3/4" pipes. I took a 1/2" 90* elbow and glued that on the top of the PVC. It looks real nice with being all the same OD. Works great to.

PEMfish

I built the PVC pluming today. To install I will just have to cut the feed tube and attach the coupling to it. Then for the return I will just have to screw the pump on and put it all in place.
I DIYed mounts to screw each pipe ( feed & return ) to the wall.
I also need to grab the coupling and adapter at Menards tomorrow. But is pretty much done. I'm proud :). Spilled a little blood too.