New Skimmer

I am looking for a new skimmer. The problem I am running in to is the dimentions. The area I have in sump to fit a skimmer 10WX15LX 18H. I am looking for something that is at least rated for 200 gallons.
I suppose it dont have to be in sump. Any ideas?

SubRosa

18"H is a deal breaker for in sump skimmers with that capacity. I'm unaware of any that will fit.

Im trying to figure out a way to free up some more space. 18" isnt very good. All the good skimmers that I would go with are 20" or more.

reeftivo

only good performing shorty's I know of are the tunze COM line or Tunze master DOC line. Not cheap though but most are <20"

depending on what you keep the 9011 COM line or the 9410 master DOC line may work well. I've had a 9006 and 9410 and they work very well. The 9410 performs better IME

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

DaveK

The best solution is to mount the skimmer external to the sump, either behind or on the side of the tank. That way you don't that the height limit, and you can go as big as you want to.

Id the skimmer must go into the sump, as pointed out by others, you'll have to make do with a smaller one.