New skimmer for redsea max 250!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone! I am new to the use of fourms! I always read them but never post. But I have GREAT news and wanted to find a way to share it with everyone!!! I have purchased a skimmer and modded it to fit perfectly in the RedSea Max 250! After doing the mods and creating this skimmer, I needed one last little part to do the finishing touch. So I contacted AquaC (The company of the skimmer I modded) and asked about purchasing the spare part. They informed me that certin peace could not be sold sepratley. They guy asked why I need that part out of curiosity. I told him about the mod and he then patched me over to the manager (Jason). After speaking with Jason about the mod, he became super excited about my mod and not only wanted to send me the part to finish the mod. He is actually making an ezact prototype of my design and sending it to me for testing! And if testing goes as planned and is successful they will be realsing this skimmer for sale! This skimmer is NOT affected by water levels for those who do not have ATO's! And this skimmer will need NO mods to be placed in the Redsea Max 250! all you will do is just drop it in and plug it in! No cutting nothing and will fit flush! Best of all it is made for tanks 50-125gallons! So if you have a super stocked ASM 250, No worries!!! This skimmer should keep up with no problem! I am not an employee of the company and have to affiliation with them! So I am not trying to sell this product in anyway! I am just exicted the company took my idea and is actually desiging it and giving me one for testing since it was my idea! And this is great news for us RSM 250 owners! Cause its half the cost of the Deltic skimmer! But should out preform it as well! And not be finicky cause of water levels! I will be soon posting pics of the mods I did to the skimmer soon. And as soon as I recieve the skimmer from AquaC (Next week) I will post photos of it and share how it is preforming and showing tons of pics! If anyone has questions feel free to send me a message.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

We love pics !

Thanks for sharing the above report ! Very interesting... and if this is true "This skimmer is NOT affected by water levels " they might really have something...

Look forward to your pics & review - start a tank thread & share your tank & new skimmer with us :dance:

Davieboy

Hi There,

Have you had any joy with the skimmer yet?

It sounds great to have a skimmer that you wouldn't need to modify or worry about topping up the water level to run it correctly.

David

Choff

Awesome job coming up with the mod.... Have to ask are you getting anything from aquac or did you just come up with an idea that they are going to use to sell tons of units? I hope something more than bragging rights :)

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys! Yes I got the skimmer. I went out of town for a few weeks. I installed it and there of course a few issues. This was a prototype model they sent to me and I am working with the company to fix the kinks. Downfall it is a little loud. And as of now it stands to tall above the top of the tank in order for it to work at its best. Works great though. And the pump to power the skimmer was placed in the first camber which was a little bit of a pain. Other pumps can be used with the skimmer to stop this issue. But it was the desgin of the pump that I had that caused it (MAG 7) but I already owned the pump and wasnt willing to spend the money when all I had to do was a little hard work. I am the kind of person who likes to try a bunch of diffrent things to see what I like. I plan on adding a refugium and sump. I already did the Ai solo led mod under the hood. And added a uv in the back. My next mod I will try which sounds a little crazy. But when I remove the skimmer to modify it and eyc working with AquaC I will try placing 2 tunze9002 skimmers in the back chamber and a gfo reactor. Then in the third chamber create a very small refugium. And in the fourth chamber upgrade the pump to a MAG 9.5 for increased flow through the back chamber. If I could start the tank all over I would of just drilled it. But to late now. Was trying to add photos but there is no direct upload on the fourm. I will creat a photo account and upload them soon.

dotcommer

Thanks for the update. As for uploading photos, I like to use Photobucket, they allow for direct links to the photos which makes posting much easier.

Here are the photos! Sorry it took so long! It stand pretty tall as of now. But please keep in mind this is the first proto type. SOme more work to be done! So far works GREAT!!!!!!!!! Issues, Stand tall above the top and is a little loud. I am emailing AquaC with the issues and ideas to fix it! One way or another I believe the skimmer will stick up a little higher than the top. But no worse than the deltec skimmer. And this one is EASY EASY EASY to tune and works GREAT and half the cost. Will probably be while before other issues get fixed. But to be honest. I am happy with how the skimmer is now. I am also going to try putting 2 tunze9002 in the back with a two little fishes reactor and see how that does. Cause I already own one tunze and the reactor. So I am searching craigslist to get my hands on another Tunze 9002 to try it out and see how it works out. :bouncer: I dont get on the fourm a lot due to lack of time. But I will for the next few days to see if I can answer any questions

skimmer3_zps4158e7f4.jpg

skimmer2_zps6d7c6cfb.jpg

securedownload_zps1133dcfc.jpg