new set up cloudy?

nickt

I don't belive it's microbubbles. I have the returns from tank and skimmer going through 100 micron Filter socks. And as far as the glue goes, : I used pvc primer and cement. Waited about 24hrs for that to dry filled tank with ro water . It was crystal clear, added instant ocean salt it was cloudy for a few hours then crystal clear again. Let the whole system run like this for 2 days to check for leaks etc, and noticed by the next day the water was really cloudy. Still a mystery to me. I think if it were a bacteria it would be getting worse but it's not. Anyway I didn't add anything to put bacteria into the tank. Is there any product made to fix a cloudy tank? Thanks for everybodys input on this...

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
There is what they call Marine Tank clarifier that you can use and if it was a bacterial bloom it wouldn't get worse it would just cloud up then disappear. It most likely is the salt IMHO many have complained about cloudy water from IO and I also had a problem once when I did a W/C it became real cloudy for several hours then cleared right up.

nickt

cheeks69 said:
There is what they call Marine Tank clarifier that you can use and if it was a bacterial bloom it wouldn't get worse it would just cloud up then disappear. It most likely is the salt IMHO many have complained about cloudy water from IO and I also had a problem once when I did a W/C it became real cloudy for several hours then cleared right up.
It's been cloudy for about 4 days

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Then it's got to be the salt ! Try to do a water change and see if it helps or if it stays about the same. At what temp are you keeping the tank ? I have noticed that when I prepare to do a W/C if the temp is in the low 70's the salt doesn't dissolve very well.

nickt

Just went to check tank and.............it's pretty clear! Bunch of crap in skimmer bucket. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH peace of mind. Once again thanks for the help.

Sharkbait

Always test first then you can rule certain issues out right away. H20 perameters especially in new tanks fluxuate rapidly, stability is what you are looking for. Stay away from clarifiers, they can cause bright green algae blooms, and carbon is tried and tested to clear H20, safer IMO. Sharkbait