New RO / DI

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Paul, my first ro/di had that stupid faucet and it overflowed the waste water regularly, why not just put the john guess fitting on there?

PEMfish

I am looking at the filter its self. Accessory hardware may be replaced. I plan to plum it into my house if I get one. Just put a tee on a cold pipe in the basement.

JWarren

I can't really say that I would buy it. I've always been a firm believer in, "you get what you pay for". I've been real happy with the one I have. I'm still on the same filter media and have run about 500 gallons through it and still at the same TDS levels as when I started.

Tru2nr

i have the faucet adapter on my tank i live in an apt so not much i can do but i have absolutely no problem with it what so ever

JWarren

Thats pretty good source water Paul! Mine in Vero Beach was 300ppm and at the new house, 35 miles south, is 350ppm. 250 is great for source water (tap water) IMO.

PEMfish

I got my tap water tested and I have a TDS of 500ppm!
I need a system that will bring it down from this without spending much money. An expensive system is not doable.

I was looking to replace my Coral Life Pure Flo II 24 GPD unit with add on DI with this unit recently:

75 GPD 4 Stage RO unit

I decided it would be cheaper for me to buy one of the filter sets and extra canister and just turn my existing system into that one.

Most RO membranes and cartridges can be interchanged regardless of brand. The one I listed above uses the Filmtec membrane which claims to have a rejection rate of 98% (Spectra Pure Ultra High Rejection membranes also claim to have 98% rejection rate).

God bless,
Chris

After further reading, it looks like Spectrapure actually uses the Filmtec membrane in their units as well. Spectrapure states that they test each membrane to ensure that the 98% rejection rate is achieved and that not all of the membranes meet that threshold.

You can find more information here:

Spectrapure justification

God bless,
Chris

okiejaco

I got one on EBay for $139 that included shipping. I also have water in the 550 range and comes out at 0. So far I have been happy with it.