New reefer with Biocube 16 and 32

Photofemme5

BA82B56B-B5B0-4712-9E13-B258CC893CAF.jpeg 28D840AA-D8AC-4063-9FD0-3FBBA7EBBDCF.jpeg Hello everyone! December 28, 2018 I walked into a fish store looking for Beta fish food. The owner giggled and told me that it was saltwater fish only. I walked out of there with a Biocube 16 and everything else to cycle my tank...live rock, live sand, jugged saltwater, etc... As of today I have hermits, snails, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, zoas, palys, a duncan, gorgonians, an acan, leathers, feathers, ricordeas, candy canes, a blue sponge, a monti, and.....3 seahorses! Yesterday, I came home with a Biocube 32! I am hooked. I love reefing! Arg...I didn’t buy enough live rock this time. The pieces are pretty, but I only got 15 pounds. It looks really empty in there. See photo.

I have been doing so much research on all aspects of reefing since the beginning of the year. It seems everyone has different answers for the same questions. My first question: How many pounds of live rock would you add to a 32 gallon tank? I do know I need more than what I currently have. Another question: Will it be OK for me to move the rocks around again while the tank is cycling? I am going to pull a few pounds out of my 16 gallon and put it in my 32 because I want to open up more sand bed in my smaller tank.

Oh yeah, I will be moving my seahorses over to the larger tank later on down the road.

Thank you for all the information that I have gleaned from previous forums, and I look forward to being a part of new formums in the future as well.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS ! Great pics ! thxs for sharing ! Most say 1 to 1 & 1/2 pounds per gallon, depending on how pores the LR is... I like an open look and with my current tank used around 60 pounds in a 66 gallon tank. Most of us move the scape while cycling several times

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You also... to get to the pounds of rock you want... can use both the live rock and dry rock, the later is as cheap as one dollar or two a pound. My 1st tank I went with all LR, my current tank I went ith 50 lbs of dry rock and around 10 pounds of LR. Both methods work...