New Reef Tank Sept 2007

chrism

Here are a few pics of my latest venture into the wonderful world of reef tanks.
The tanks was set up in May 2007 and is a replacement for my previous tank which got wiped out.
Hope you like the pics

Chris

Attachments

• Aquarium September 2007 003.red.JPG
    Aquarium September 2007 003.red.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Aquarium September 2007 005.red.JPG
    Aquarium September 2007 005.red.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Aquarium September 2007 007.red.JPG
    Aquarium September 2007 007.red.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Aquarium September 2007 008.red.JPG
    Aquarium September 2007 008.red.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Aquarium September 2007 009.red.JPG
    Aquarium September 2007 009.red.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 49

Anselth

Looks fantastic. How long have you had the CBB? They're one of my favorite fish, but I'm loathe to try one cause they seem to be so hit or miss.

chrism

Thanks for the positive comments.
Anselth i have had the copperband for about 3 months I also had one in my previous tank which I had kept for almost 2 years until I lost it along with everything else. As long as you buy one that's healthy and eating well then i have not found them at all difficult. I think they have a bad press but as long as your water is in good condition and plenty of live rock to browse on they should do fine. Mine eats frozen brine,mysis, small krill,chopped mussel,chopped shellfish of any kind and it's favourite food frozen bloodworm which i dont feed very often but now and again for a treat.
Hope this helps you to make up your mind

Chris

Attachments

• Aquarium September 2007 014.red.JPG
    Aquarium September 2007 014.red.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 43

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hi Anselth

The tank is 6x2x2

How many gallons is that? I know I could find a calculator but it's early and raining here so my brain isn't yet working. Maybe 150 - 180?

BEAUTIFUL tank! Very impressive.

Mind if I ask what "wiped out" your 240 tank?

Allen :)

chrism

Thanks for all the positive comments.
BigAl07 the tank is 120UK gals which I think equates to around 150 US.
The wipe out of my previous system was down to flatworms....I had a really bad infection...I mean thousands.....and they suddenly died off while I was away for a couple of days. I came home to find a stinking tank with bright red/brown water and everything was dead. I thought of giving up at that time..but not for long. The tank I lost by the way wasn't a 240 it was about 70 galls.
Chris

chrism

The bicolor is a great fish as long as you get a healthy eating specimen to start. Mine eats anything and gets along fine with all the other fish (including the other 2 angels).
I have to say though they are not totally reef safe mine occasionally nips at LPS corals but leaves everyhing else alone..I dont think feather dusters or clams would be safe either.
As with all things you can either leave it in the store or take a chance I'm pleased with mine its a beautiful fish.
Chris

chrism

Here are a few more pics

Attachments

• Aquarium September 2007 022.red.JPG
    Aquarium September 2007 022.red.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Aquarium September 2007 015.red.JPG
    Aquarium September 2007 015.red.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Aquarium September 2007 024.red.JPG
    Aquarium September 2007 024.red.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 29
  • Imperator and Bicolor Angels.red.JPG
    Imperator and Bicolor Angels.red.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 28

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
looks really good. One thing I wouldnt attempt clams in this tank you juvenile angle will have a feast of them sameting with any LPS.

On a side note a tank 72x24x24=179 Gallons this is the formula to calculate tank volume LxWxH/231=X