New Pump

Seagars

so i have one on the circulation pumps go "out" and it needs to be replaced. i have cleaned and even purchased a new impeller and still not spinning.
so which brand pump should i replace it with?

oneofmany

Did these pumps come with the tank or did you add them later on? If it's former than you can probably order these from the manufacturer online. If it's the latter then the options are endless.

DaveK

Red Sea usually has parts available. You can do a search for your pump.

If your going to replace it with something else, I'd look at the EcoTech Marine VorTech MP40wQD or the
Tunze Turbelle Stream Controllable 6105 Pump. Quality wise, I'd say they are about the same, but each one has different features.

Seagars

thats the one i am looking to replace it with. they are virtually the same footprint as the red sea one. just wondering if that is the most recommended brand/pump or is there something better/more reliable.

Big Pete

Yes Seagrams, I have just replaced both of mine on my Max 250 I changed them to Sicce, you are correct they are the same footprint, I believe that Sicce manufacture them for Red Sea

FYI my tank is now a touch quieter now

Cheers

Big Pete

Pat24601

I've replaced my circulation pumps, but I just replaced it with the same Red Sea part. I happened to get it on amazon just because that's easier.

I like Big Petes advice, though.