New Nano Tank 96L (25G)

Edz87

Hey Everyone,
First time reefer, have just set up my Ocean Free 96 L Nano Tank.
Will try and track of everything on here as it happens and am open to any advice that anyone wants to offer.
I have my live rock in and have started my cycling and am on day 2. Already have lots of critters coming out of the live rock which is very exciting and am pretty sure i just spotted an arm of a brittle sea star. :)
Pretty happy with my first attempt at a build, from reading forums have tried to leave spacings for coral placement.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_1291.JPG
    IMG_1291.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Cheers for starting a new tank thread & sharing your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics - Great Start !

index.php

Edz87

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Cheers for starting a new tank thread & sharing your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics - Great Start !

index.php
Thanks man, fingers crossed all goes well 3rd day of cycling and nitrates have spiked! Slightly over read sea mature pro kits range not sure if I should wait it out or need to do something :s

Edz87

Day 4 of the cycle,
Amonia and Nitrites low, Nitrates have spiked pretty high pretty quick. Not sure if this is because I added live sand before adding live rock. Not sure if this is a problem and if they will come down on their own if keep following the Red Sea reef mature kit. Lots of little creatures coming out and a lot of growth on the live rock in a day, A few blue worms scuttling around, found baby brittle sea star, and lots of shrimp (anyone know if these guys are ok).

Looking forward to getting the Clean up Crew in the tank in a few days time.

IMG_1302-1.JPG IMG_1293.JPG IMG_1297.JPG IMG_1294.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1294.JPG
    IMG_1294.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1296.JPG
    IMG_1296.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If it helps... here what you normally want to see

Cycling tank:

Watch for the ammonia to soar then fall to zero, then the nitrites soar & then fall to zero, then the nitrates soar, once this happens, do water changes to get rid of the nitrates - tank cycled

CyclingGraph.gif