New maxima!

CATALYST

Yeah!
030708_0048.jpg

heels92

I want one of those. This hobby is just crazy. Never satisfied.

I have one clam but have been reading up on them more and now I want more. My wife has been looking at me crazy lately though.

I need to slow down, :lol:

Darrell

Frankie

RS STAFF
Heels, He was drooling over the clam and it had nothing to do with your post.
Very sweet clam CAT! Post in the clam thread please :D

lcstorc

Why?

I am looking at one. Are they hard to keep?

Darrell

I'm not sure I would say hard to keep but they do have their requirements and maximas for some reason are harder to keep in captivity than most.
They need a lot of light and some say they prefer a slightly (slightly) dirty system.
Read up on them before getting them and keep in mind that most clams get large and some get HUGE. Be sure you have the right environment and they can be wonderful additions to a reef. I have 2 crocea and 1 maxima and now I really want a squamosa. Can you tell I like them? :)

heels92

I just got my new maxima today. I will post pics tomorrow.

While I was placing my clam in the tank, my clown fish went medieval on my hands, so I instinctively swatted at them, hitting my anemone.

I have fed and touched my anemone for over two years now and have never been stung. He/she stung me. Kinda cool actually. I did not notice it until after about 30 seconds. Kinda like a mild fire ant sting.

Just wanted to share that story.

CATALYST

Updates!
It got a little chewed on by some hungry critter (peppermint shrimp is a suspect) but is recovering nicely. Looks like it's growing some.
04_24_08_0035_copy.jpg

04_24_08_0024_copy.jpg