New lights!

CATALYST

128-2835_IMG.jpg

Over double the lights from stock. Yeah! How's it look?

Last edited:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok I can't stand it ANY longer! What is that hood for? Do you have your owner Nuclear Power Generator to run that hood? Does the local power supply complain about you taking ALL the power from the grip? :LOL:

No really... VERY nice set-up! If I could shoe-horn that much into my hood (it's only a 12g DX hood) I would probably be doing it already! but then again Me and electricity don't always agree on certain things and I am ALWAYS wrong and pay the price!!

Excellent mod! Look forward to hearing more about it.

Allen :)

KodiakBear

Ok I can't stand it ANY longer! What is that hood for? Do you have your owner Nuclear Power Generator to run that hood? :)

:LOL: If you need more power, I've got plans for a DIY nuclear reactor. Fits in a coffee can and uses a piece from a household smoke detector. Granted, it would take about 100 smoke detectors to get enough of the fuel. It can give you up to 10 W (supposedly, haven't tried it yet).

Last edited:

CATALYST

The hood is on my 24g Aquapod. I have room for 8 more watts when the two smaller lights need changing. I'm going to go back and drill out some of the intake vent holes to get some more air flow. It's been getting a little warm. I have them set for sunrise/sunset with a timer. It took about 2 hours. I'll get some pics of the happy critters soon.