New Guy

Fin

New guy from SW Louisiana. I have maintained numerous saltwater aquaria since the early 80s. Began my first reef in 1999. Current tank is an Oceanic 140 (9 years old), which is soon to be upgraded with a Reef Savvy 125. Getting away from the massive center brace and the two huge MegaFlow overflows.

A pic of the tank a couple years ago.

Reef-LEDs-12-9-11.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

BEAUTIFUL tank !!!

Fin

Thanks. I am getting stuff together for my new system. Tank is still in line to be built and months away. I will start a build thread when I get closer. So far, this is what I have in mind ...

Plans so far (luckily, I already have most of the equipment, either in use, or purchased):

• 125 gallon Reef Savvy - 48" x 24" x 25" - 1/2" glass - Starphire front - Euro-braced
• 24" Ghost Overflow with Bean Animal set-up
• Lighting - Seriously looking at the ATI T5 / LED Powermodule - 8 x 48" + 3 175w LEDs
(Currently have 4 AI Hydra 52s with 4 x 48" T5 Retros - I do like these lights, but still leaning to the ATI for the new build).
• A $40 40 gallon breeder sump that I recently "slightly modified"
00-Sump_zps1242d9ba.jpg

• RLSS R8-i skimmer (love this skimmer) with Avast waste collector.
• Currently using a doser, but going back to a GEO calcium reactor with the Carbon Doser C02 regulator. Will continue to use the doser for vinegar & trace elements.
• Neptune Apex controller
• Currently have a Water Blaster return pump. May make changes here.
• In-Tank Flow by 2 EcoTech MP-40 Quiet Drives (I have 1 presently)
• NextReef reactor with GFO
• NextReef reactor for GAC
• 29 gallon fresh water ATO reservoir with the Tunze Osmolator
• Planning a 37 gallon remote refugium with 36" Build My LED refugium lights (have 1 presently)
• 2 4" filter socks

Fin

Thank you for the warm welcome and comments. I will start a build thread soon.

I also presently have a rather unique nano under construction. Not what you would ordinarily expect and I know I won't be starting any fads with it. Just something I did for fun, with a lot of equipment that I already had, even a spare Apex controller. I may share that build here also.