New England Reef Part 2..... The Reefer Strikes Back

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
+1^ to goma

Make sure you put up pics of your sump cause I was thinking about doing the same for mine when I get it and I'd love to know how you go about doing it! :eek:lsmile:

Sure thin Wrangy, and thanks Goma, that's good news... It will be pushing it, I saw some pics of another sump/refuge and they were using one, but couldn't see what the Dt was. Wrangy, I will take lots of pics and post them.... Gonna keep it simple, and efficient.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
It will also depend on your bioload. If you stay with a medium to low bioload that will help also.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome mate I like the sounds of that, look forward to seeing it all up and running so I can start stealing some of those ideas ;) lol

Yeah I hear ya, I don't care to stuff the tank with too many fish, got our 2 clowns.... Next is a goby, and pistol shrimp.... my daughter wants a dottyback.... I will def have a ORA Mandarin..... Probably about it for fish.... But I am thinking about a BTA, and I have read they can really add some bioload, so o know there will be an upgrade in that department.... Later..... After lights, fuge,mp10...... Lol.... I just remembered why I love this hobby, some much to do..... So little money.

Well after measuring and sketching, and measuring again, I have a game plan for my sump/refuge.... It's going to be 20" x 16" x 16", and I am going to make it from 1/4" glass that I just put the order in for. The cost so far is $75 for the glass. I should have it bye the weekend and I will assemble it and post pics as I go. I have been thinking equipment now, and trying to plan for future sump skimmer.... Does anybody have an idea on a good quality sump skimmer, so I can plan the first compartment to accept the base?

thanks glenn.... that looks perfect, and great reviews.... it has a small footprint too... looks like it will be a 7" compartment. thanks again for the link.

Well, went to the lfs yesterday and picked up some more livestock..... My daughter had to have a neon dottyback, it looks like a colorful eel..... my son picked out a scooter blenney.... He loves the odd looking fish....and we had to get a fire shrimp.... The tank is starting to look awesome. It's nice to see so much life. This week I will be building my sump/fuge and putting in some corals..... Pictures will be coming soon.... Work has been kicking my butt, so not as much time to update, but I will try to get it all up here this week.... I'm off to work. Stay tuned for pics

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sounds awesome, looking forward to the update! :eek:lsmile: grouse to see you have the kids involved, I'd imagine that'd make this an even more rewarding hobby :)