New clam With pic!

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
I just got back from a trip to see friends in IL, I had a blast! While I was up there I went to Sharkies and they had this clam I just HAD to have :) Great way to remember my trip right? :D

Sharkies was nice enough to pack the clam up in a cooler like it was an internet sale, and the next day I put it on the plane. According to the FAA no water can go on carry on baggage, so it went in the belly of the plane with my checked baggage. I followed it through security to make sure it got on the plane and went to my gate after the screener said it was all good.

The clam made it back here in great shape, and went in my tank as soon as I got home. I'm always nervous about getting a Maxima or Crosea because the byassal gland could be damaged from harvest and I'd never know,.. but once it starts attaching I'll stop worrying lol.

Anyway,.. enough of the story,.. here's a pic from when it first hit the tank,.. not fully open yet, but you can see the color :)

100_0440.jpg

Whiskey

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
I have a new pic for everyone! This is the second day the clam was in the tank, so he's open all the way now.

100_0441.jpg

Enjoy!
Whiskey

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
OH NO!!! Whiskey's got Victor in his tank!! Let Victor GO! Let Victor GO! Let Victor GO! Nice catch! Why dont you do something special, build a raceway and grow us some???

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Beautiful!!!
Is that a maxima? Trying to work on my clam ids.

No,.. It's a crosea.

These are my two Maximas:
100_9797.jpg

100_8355.jpg

I wrote an FAQ about clams that gives you some details for ID'ing them,.. but I wrote it for another board,.. if your interested in a link shoot me a PM. It also has pics of a bunch of different types of clams.

Whiskey

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
OH NO!!! Whiskey's got Victor in his tank!! Let Victor GO! Let Victor GO! Let Victor GO! Nice catch! Why dont you do something special, build a raceway and grow us some???

Victor? Your going to have to fill me in on the joke here :p

Lol,.. I don't have the finantal backing to start a clam breading farm,.. sorry.

Whiskey

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Well,.. Since I've already got the sight open,.. Here are my 2 derassas:
100_8380.jpg

And here is my Gigas,..
100_9736.jpg

Whiskey

lcstorc

Wow! Looks like you are the "clam man"
I forget, but hopefully you have a large tank particularly for that gigas.
Beautiful clams. They are obviously very happy.
Actuallly I recently read a book titled "Giant Clams in the Sean and the Aquarium" Great book BTW. It kind of goes in both directions., Simple stuff for beginners and then lots of scientific stuff for you guys who know what they are talking about. :)
I made the guess without the book. I'll have to look at your clams and the book at the same time. That would help. :)

olivert00

Hey Whiskey,
It was nice to meet you on Sunday at Sharky's Reef. My packing was well worth the effort to see your clam made it safe...thats great! It looks just as good in your tank!...I love all of your clams, very nice.
I love Sharky's as well, thats why my friend Rae and I work on Sunday so Anita and Dennis can have a family day.

Debbie