New C-250

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
WOW - 1st Octopus Skimmer BH50 - I have seen in a RSM 250 replacing the stock skimmer... without a sump down under... let us know how it does for you as it breaks in !

No idea one could fit !!!

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-bh50-multi-mount-protein-skimmer.html

207848_reefoctopusbh50proteinskimmer-a_1.jpg

Caesar305

Oh and did I mention its silent? The tank at night doesn't make a sound. I actually check to make sure the pumps are running lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pablomay28

Oh and did I mention its silent? The tank at night doesn't make a sound. I actually check to make sure the pumps are running lol

Interesting how it is rated max for a 50 gallon tank with a light bio load and it is skimming very wet.

Caesar305

Interesting how it is rated max for a 50 gallon tank with a light bio load and it is skimming very wet.
I have to adjust it. When the ATO goes off, it starts to run wet. After a few days when the water levels drops again it runs perfect. Still need to tweak it but I'm waiting a couple of more weeks.

nautchilous

I have to adjust it. When the ATO goes off, it starts to run wet. After a few days when the water levels drops again it runs perfect. Still need to tweak it but I'm waiting a couple of more weeks.

Good day mate. I'm was curious to see if you are still running the Octopus skimmer in your tank? I am considering buying the same skimmer? It as been couple months now since your post, so how as it worked out for you.

Thanks

nautchilous

Good day mate. I'm was curious to see if you are still running the Octopus skimmer in your tank? I am considering buying the same skimmer? It as been couple months now since your post, so how as it worked out for you.

Thanks
Even though it is rated up to 50 gallons and your tank is a 65g...How are your ammonia and nitrate levels compared to the stock skimmer?
Do you think it's a better skimmer than the stock one?

Caesar305

Even though it is rated up to 50 gallons and your tank is a 65g...How are your ammonia and nitrate levels compared to the stock skimmer?
Do you think it's a better skimmer than the stock one?
Maybe it's because I don't have many fish (6) I haven't detected any ammonia or nitrates. I have even taken the water to my LFS and it is showing 0. I have two anemones and a few corals as well.

Caesar305

Maybe it's because I don't have many fish (6) I haven't detected any ammonia or nitrates. I have even taken the water to my LFS and it is showing 0. I have two anemones and a few corals as well.

And yes. I would say it is much better than the stock skimmer. I replaced the stock one because I could never calibrate it correctly. It either skimmed too wet or too dry.