New blue dot Jaw fish under Sun coral

TDizzle

Hey Guys,
Yesterday I purchased a blue dot Jaw fish and he seems to of made his home under my sun coral, and seems fairly happy and is eating well, my questions are as follows:

1. Is this a suitable home for him? I am aware of the Blue Dot Jawfish disease and do not want this to happen

2. Is it ok for my coral?

3. Should I add some shells or coral rubble just in case?

I have a 38gallon nuvo innovative marine thats been up about 6months. Thank you for all your help in advance.

theplantman

You may find that he moves multiple times. Mine used to. I would try to feed the coral after lights out when the jawfish wont steel it all since sun corals have to be target fed. Adding some rubble and shell would be a good idea, they like some larger pieces to build with. otherwise he will steel small frags, live small hermits that then get up and walk away, etc. to build his home. Great fish choice. Also, make sure your tank is covered well including a screen on the overflow. They are notorious jumpers/escape artists. I found mine in my overflow area at least 4 times before i finally got the hint and built a screen to block the leaping area.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

TDizzle

Thanks for the welcome guys. His tank mates are as follows:

2 Picasso clowns
2 Banggai Cardinalfish
1 Algae Blenny
1 diamond watchmen goby

I will posting pictures soon, thanks for all the help!