New at this!

CluelessCutie

So my husband and I just started a salt water tank about 3 weeks ago for our son and I'm so clueless at this. Our local pet store manager is walking us through this. We have a 55 gal tank with lots of live rock and 2 little blue and yellow fish and two blue cromeses (not sure on spelling) and we just bought a paired set of clown fish with an anemone also some snails a hermit crab and a huge shrimp thing lolThey love it by the way!!! I have tons of questions!!! I look forward to asking and learning all there is to know about salt water tanks.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us, we love pics :dance:

janaya

Lotss of great folks on these forums. My biggest mistake when I first started was adding fish too fast. Just make sure to research eyerthing you add and most importantly go slow.

TheBishop

Welcome! too soon for Anemone tank should be 1 year old(cycled) at minimum. Also how much water movement are you using and what is the lighting for the Nem. Fish will be ok, sounds like maybe yellowtail damsel and chromis which are very hardy fish. Personally, I would recommend taking the Nem back

kmaintl

welcome... everything sounds like going well. i agree that it's too early for the anemone... they like stable established tank and aged water. new tank water parameters tend to swing before settling down.