**Neptune AquaController**

Mattfish

Well, the good news is now you know for sure.... not as much fun as it all working, of course. Glad you got it figured out.

thelastmucci

question: MY LFS said today that in order to calibrate the PH probe the Temp probe should be in the same solution...is he right...I can't find anything about on the neptune site or anywhere for that matter. I've already calibrated it 4 times but I think it's still messed up. (this was reading 8.0 when the tank was about 8.8) Thanks guys and gals.

Snelly40

my AC jr is the best thing i have for my tank!!!!
the temp is always at 79.3-79.5 thats a variance i can deal with!!!
the pumps are on variable so they go on and off and it has nice flow and it keeps things stirred up and the fish sit and sway in the stream!!!
It is a great great investment. no more bulky times for my lights either!!!

Octoman

question: MY LFS said today that in order to calibrate the PH probe the Temp probe should be in the same solution...is he right...I can't find anything about on the neptune site or anywhere for that matter. I've already calibrated it 4 times but I think it's still messed up. (this was reading 8.0 when the tank was about 8.8) Thanks guys and gals.

The pH varies with the temperature of the water. The ACjr has the option to use temperature compensation that adjusts for this variation. However, the variation is on the order of ~ 0.1 for every 20 degrees F. That's not enough to account for the variation of 0.8 that you're seeing.

Is your probe located near any pumps or other electrical devices? Does the cord for the pH probe cross any other power cords? An electrical field can mess up your readings...

You can calibrate with the Temp probe in the solution, but you need the temp probe to be clean and dry before you put it in or it will mess up the solution. If the solution is close to the same temp as the tank, you should get a pretty accurate calibration (this is what I do...). Or, you can turn temp compensation off and calibrate with the solution at 77 degrees (or whatever temp it says on the Cal solution package).

D3monic

Iphone has released a aquanotes app so if you have the full version you can control your tank via your phone. You can find it in the app store simply by serching for aquanotes..im really excited about this. Unfortunatly I only have the light version which as we all know does not support online functionality. If anyone knows where I could download aquanotes v3 or later please PM me ..Ive checked torrent and newsgroups to no avail. I can always crack it myself I just need teh actual software but if you have a crack/gen that would be even better. Thanks!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks for the link Mark and you're right on about the cracking/pirating, it is illegal and RS does not condone such activity.

Hornet

Any ACIII users have an auto top-off with float switches set-up with your controller? I'm wanting to set-up something simple and some examples would be helpful.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Any ACIII users have an auto top-off with float switches set-up with your controller? I'm wanting to set-up something simple and some examples would be helpful.

I have not but am interested to see/learn from others that have!

Reef Ghost

Neptune Auqua C Jr is my next purchase, been looking at this for a while now. One question for you Neptune guys: They say you can daisy chain several DC8's together but do they plug into different outlets or is all that power coming from one outlet in the room (blowing circut breakers)? I could not find the answer to this on any of the sites selling Neptune.

D3monic

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I remember reading that you could have one in a different room and it would send the signal through your electric lines and still communicate with the dc8. Is this statement correct? I only have one so I have not had the opportunity to try this.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Each DC8 has its own plug that goes into an outlet. They are 'daisy chained' via a communication cord that connects them together and allows the controller to communicate with them.

Inseat of DC8, you can opt for the X10 modules that can have quite a bit of distance between them.

Personally, as critical as the controls are, I stick with the 'hard wired' DC8's.