Neptune Apex Questions

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I have a few questions I was hoping you guys/beautiful ladies could answer.

1.) Does it come with calibration fluid for the PH probe?
2.) Does the energy bar plug into the wall and then the base unit plug int the bar (thus taking up one plug spot)?

I'm looking to buy it from TBAquatics but wondering if i need the extra powerstrip.

Thank You

tnwillia

You might try to PM Juan (jpsika08) or Steve (steved13) they are both heavy into the Apex. Have fun!

steved13

PREMIUM
I don't think it came with Cal fluid, If you're like me you'll check the cal a few times in the first week anyway so order some fluid :) It cal at 2 points so get 7.0 and 10.0 (you may have to get 7.01 and 10.01).

The EB8 plugs into the wall, the display does connect to the EB8 but not via a power plug you will have 8 available outlets when all is connected, you don't lose any. The display plugs into the side of the EB8 via a small connection I'm pretty sure it's via an "aqua bus" connection, which looks like a standard computer USB but I think I read somewhere they are different.

steved13

PREMIUM
Unless you're positive you need a second EB I would wait. You may find something you were thinking about plugging into it, you don't need to. For example, on the RSM 250 when the lights go out via the RSM timer the "moon light leds" come on. If I went through the Neptune, when the lights got turned off the LEDs would have no power and go off also. I have ordered AI sol modules for lighting, and the neptune module to control them, but still don't need to plug into the EB since it does the dimming and on off via control functions and not via turning off the outlet.

PWA

I got my Apex about a month ago, I didn't have any calibration fluid. So I would order some :) The Aquabus looks like a usb but runs at a higher voltage.

PWA

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Does the Apex come with an aquabus or should I order one?

Thanks!

jpsika08

BK,
Sorry I didn't reply any sooner:

1) The PH Probe do needs calibration, I use PH Pinpoint calibration fluid 7.00 and 10.00 (For Low and High readings).
2) As stated above, the Apex Base module connects through a USB cable to the EB8, the Energy bar has six USB connections so you can connect six modules (Including the base one) and the Base module has two (one is used to connect to the energy bar). Usually all modules bring two USB connectors so you can link each other infinitely.

In your case, make a quick list of all devices you plan on connecting to the Energy Bar: pumps, powerhead(s), heater, etc etc, and with this you can really take the decision to buy an extra energy bar, lastly, always better to buy the 8-slot EB (EB8) instead of the EB4 (4 slots), the price of both of them ain't too far but with the first one you'll double the slots.

As mentioned by Steve, the controller brings all necessary connectors, and with each additional module you buy, it comes with it's USB cable too.