Neon tetra tank

starfang

Can some one suggest me different fish types which I can have with neon tetras. Please dont suggest me guppies or other types of tetras. I had angels for a while but they ate my neon tetras for dinner :(
Thanks!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Not sure about the fish advise as all I have is sw... but sure some member can advise...

cindyp

years ago when I was into freshwater tanks I had a Beta with some neons and that was pretty cool.

bbe22

In my fw planted tank I keep discus, angelfish, neon tetras, corydoras catfish, and otocinclus without any issues. That tank is a South American type tank with tons of plants and driftwood. I keep the water very warm and very soft and acidic. I'd recommend the same for keeping neons. I will mention that neon tetras don't have an incredibly long life-span. I find myself buying two dozen about once a year to keep the numbers up. You could also keep live bearers such as mollies and swordtails, which both come in a lot of colors. Another nice option would be looking into killifish. They are somewhat difficult to find, but are very attractive fish available in many colors, although some of the larger varieties MIGHT eat neons. That's all that comes to mind right now, but if I think of more I'll post them.

GrendelPrime

i always favored cardnel tetras over the neons..they seemd to last longer then the neons and i also kept discus rummy noses and corys with them and never had an issue

PEMfish

What do you have in there now expect the neon's? Anything? How many fish total? What size tank? What model filter?