neon green palau nepthea

mcmarines

I have a neon green palau nepthea frag that i bought the other day. This frag did great yesterday and all day today till about 3pm when i noticed it seemed to be not able to support its own weight and would bend over and just lay on the rock. when i saw this i did a extensive water test and all my levels were great. I do not know weather this is normal or if this is cause for concern can anybody please elighten me.

DaveK

This is usually not too difficult a coral to keep. It could be that it's new and still acclimating to your system.

Please tell us more about your system. Size? How long has it been set up? Filtration? Lighting?

Also. please post exactly what you tested and the readings you got. Statements like "... i did a extensive water test and all my levels were great" Tell us nothing at all. What seems ok to you may indicate a major issue to someone here.

mcentire1123

Nano-Reefer
PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
wel21_e0.gif

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've got this coral and it often behave just like a Toadstool or Devils Finger leather as it will be all tall and "perky" one day (or one morning) and then just a few hours later all wilted and "pouty". It may be like that for an hour or for a few days but then it will perk right back up and be healthy as can be.

Often times during their "pout time" you'll notice it's sloughing off tissue and seems to be disintegrating. In actuality this is how the coral clears it's outer skin of contaminants and other things and gets a breath of fresh air errr sea water LOL

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
/\ +1 I don't know about nepthea but if it behaves like devils hand and toadstools then yes.. mine whither away over night and they recover at a different pace every day when the lights come on and occasionally they don't recovery that day.. I have only had then for a month or so tho... I'm not a seasoned leather keeper.

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk