Need two IDs!

breezey1127

IMG_0365.jpg

This one just started growing out of no wheres. It is white, about 1.5 inches across and each "capsule" part is pinkish inside.. its also kind of stiff

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
not sure on the first La reefs used to have a macro algae that looked similar but it's no longer listed, the second Looks like rock anemone a or flowerpot .

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Try looking up Blue Scroll Macroalgae for the first Id, kinda similar but I don't think that is it.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
When I first saw picture #1 it looked like a type of colonial tunicate. The second is a rock/flower anemone. I once had one very similar, but different colors.

breezey1127

A tunicate also crossed my mind but there is no incurrent or excurrent siphon so I didn't know!.. I also thought a type of bryozoan. Im going to take a photo to show my inverts proff at school this week to see what she says, ill keep you guys posted!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Could be scroll algae, but the structure is definitely a rock/flower anemone. From the link in post 9:

800px-Rock_Flower_Anemone.jpg

I had one once - they supposedly stay put, but after a couple months mine took to wandering all over the tank. They come in all kinds of color combinations.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Cat. It's not my photo though - from:

File:Rock Flower Anemone.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

This was one I had for a good while. These nems come in many colors, and some have those frilly tentacles around the edges, some don't - mine had smooth ones.

Anemone11_16_07.jpg

Mine stayed put for a few months, then started wandering all over, and across the glass in back, and finally decided it wanted to stay on top of a chaeto holder I had in the tank. I finally had to give it to the LFS.

tektite

I just saw this thread, the eggs reminded me of my Murex snail's eggs. Glad you ID'd yours :) So many interesting things!

IMG_8996copy.jpg

IMG_8720copy2.jpg