Need some help with these :)

Ashr

hey all

I was hoping to get some help with these hitchhikers. If you have any ideas please let me know!

Thanks

These are on the same rock

1Reefer

First ones look like Aptasia to me, others will be here to help also... I have no idea what the second one is, maybe some macro algae??

Cassette87

Agreed, first is Aiptasia, a somewhat nuisance anemone, that can spread rapidly. The red appears to be a red turf macro algae which can get out of hand quickly.I know from experience ;) it's also being discussed here. Not to sure about the little green guys without checking the books. Hope this helps!

wonderloss

The green ones are a type of macroalgea, Nemoeris annulata. Some people do not like them, but I do not think they are harmful.

Ashr

First ones look like Aptasia to me, others will be here to help also... I have no idea what the second one is, maybe some macro algae??

I have about 6 of these little guys.. I have no fish in the tank yet and just my clean up crew.

They are pretty small still.. should I get rid of them?

Ashr

Nm looks like I should, I do have my red legged hermit crabs but they dont touch these things.

Bigjacko

The top one is a hydroid.

They typically die off in a tank but can reach plague proportions.

Opps the second one

Ashr

Anyone have any thoughts on

Joe's Juice or Aptasia X for removing Aptasia? I have both to choose from and wanted to know what others think.

Ashr

Something new

Seems I have a lot of tiny white/transperant little things on my glass. They seem to have a round center with 3 to 4 / 5 little legs ( I think ) They are much to small to take a picture though I did try.. any ideas?

1Reefer

idk what they are called but I have thing that look exactly like your description, and have had them for years in my reef tank... never seen any harm done by them

1Reefer

Those look almost identical to what I have in my tank... idk about the OP, mine just have less strings per leg, they don't look that delicate and thready..