need help

i wanna turn my stock filter into a intank refugium need tips plz dont know what all i need plz help ty:columbo::columbo:

i have a jbj 28 gallon nano

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
when you say Stock Filter, what exactly do you mean? canister filter, HOB filter.

well the jbj nano cube is aio wich means all in one unit i have a center flow wich flows into a media basket that has 3 sections in first section i have a a sponge on top of filter floss, seciond chamber i have carbon, third i have ceramic rings , im thinking about removing the stuff i have in chamber 1 and 2 and puting cheto with a led light and in chamber 3 put chemi pur with a pice of sponge? u think that would work?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I don't think that little chaeto will matter. Keep the charcoal n lose the rest.

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

DaveK

but i also wanna get some pods eventually i want a manderin goby

Your tank is really too small for that, even with the tiny refugium you'd get in the all in one filter. Typical requirements for a mandarin are about a 50 gal tank or larger.

Another thing about mandarins. In spite of their fantastic colors, in a typical reef with lots of coraline algae, they are not that easy to see, since they sort of hug the bottom or rock.

In my opinion, I agree with dmatt about the refugium, in that your not going to see much benefit, and I would recommend either a much larget tank or a different fish.

chadwick

I made a 20 g long for my 34gal rsm You can always do that. I have my skimmer in the first part refrigum in the second then the return. I put pods in both the sump and the dt. Been a month now seem to be doing ok so far. I was wanting a mandrine too but will have to wait and see how the pods do.