Need help with moon lights on red sea tank

TitanFan

Hello friends,

I recently purchased a red sea max 650. The owners manual doesn't go into depth on the lights and timers or maybe I can't find it. My question is how do I just have the moon lights on? Or even a good explanation of the timers dusk/full day/dawn/moonlights would be nice.

Thanks

ajkdark

Hi,

The left hand side timer controls the centre two lights. The right hand side controls the outer wings of lights.

There are three timer positions "0" is off, the centre position is timer mode, and the "I" position is lights on over-riding the timer. The centre bank timer controls the moonlights, when the centre bank off lights is off. The moonlights are on. The rocker switch under the timers, turns the timers and lights off completely.

The pins all around the timer controls the timer setting. If the pin is in the outward position, the timer turns the lights on.

If you require more info, let me know. And I'll take a pic of my timer setup.

Cheers

TitanFan

Thank you for your assistance. I am a visual person so a pic of your timers would help greatly. So, I am to understand that individual timers don't control the whole front light and one timer for the whole back light? I am wondering if the person that installed my tank also has them plugged in wrong...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
This is from a RSM 250, but I think... you have the same timers... this pic has helped many - if the toggles are set on & they are plugged in, match this... hope this helps

HoodTimer.jpg

ajkdark

The timers are exactly the same on the Red Sea max series.

The lights must be plugged into the correct sockets as described in the manual and on the you tube videos. For the lights to work correctly.

Cheers

ajkdark

Thank you very much turns out the lights were plugged into the incorrect outlets.

Glad it's all sorted, now enjoy seeding and stocking it.

They are a fabulous aquarium:)

Give the stock skimmer a fair chance, read the skimmer instructions thoroughly.

I have the waste to the skimmer plumbed to a five litre water container from any hardware store. To clean the skimmer neck, once a week, I stop the aspiration pump. And then remove the top lid, wipe the neck with an old face washer. Therefore, I hardly dismantle or touch the skimmer. And I have then found it to be an excellent skimmer.

Cheers

Essex

I have used the skimmer for 3 weeks now. It produces skim but it is noisy and I cannot tolerate it in the living room as it is. I also cannot get it to dump into the cup, instead it collects in the neck.

I have bought a BM curve 5 as a silent replacement. It is borderline for the S500 I have, but I'm only keeping 2 shrimp and a load of rock for now!

I have used the skimmer for 3 weeks now. It produces skim but it is noisy and I cannot tolerate it in the living room as it is. I also cannot get it to dump into the cup, instead it collects in the neck.

I have bought a BM curve 5 as a silent replacement. It is borderline for the S500 I have, but I'm only keeping 2 shrimp and a load of rock for now!

Hi roger, did you buy peppermint shrimp in the end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Essex

Hi roger, did you buy peppermint shrimp in the end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes.

1 x peppermint (currently hiding)
1 x fire shrimp (currently hiding)

The Aptaisia is looking a bit de-shrevled this morning, so he must have had a go!

Yes.

1 x peppermint (currently hiding)
1 x fire shrimp (currently hiding)

The Aptaisia is looking a bit de-shrevled this morning, so he must have had a go!

Sounds promising, where did you get them from?

My fire shrimp spends most of his time in hiding, hoping this will change when I add fish.

neenu

Hai guys am new to this forum. I had a tank with for last 1 n half year n now I bought redsea max 250 and I would like to fix an auto refill water for my tank could u guys pls suggest me what to buy because when I refer to Internet there are few listed but for don't knw which 1 is the better option

Essex

Do you run blue moon lights all night or do you turn everything off? ( in which case the timers need readjusting for the correct time )

Apart from an additional timer on the moon light socket are there any other ways to conveniently having black at night time?

Thanks

ajkdark

Do you run blue moon lights all night or do you turn everything off? ( in which case the timers need readjusting for the correct time )

Apart from an additional timer on the moon light socket are there any other ways to conveniently having black at night time?

Thanks

I run the moon lights all night.

Yes if you turn all the lights off at the switch under the timers, the timers will need to be re-adjusted.

The only way (that I know of), for you to be able to turn the moonlights off. Is to install a separate switch in the cable of the moonlight circuit. And manually switch off the moonlights.

Personally I like having the moonlights on when all the lights are off. Great in the morning before I go to work, I can just see enough of the aquarium to check all is well.

Cheers