need help picking out t5 lights

nightfire76

as i said im looking for whats best to highlight colors in my tank but only being able to hold 4 bulbs,maybe 5 at most im sure im limited and if i have to deal with a little bluish water then ill get used to it

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
NF that's part of the beauty of T5's. There are so many possibilities and what makes one tank "POP" may do nothing for another tank. IMHO to get really good growth AND have POPPING colors you'll need to experiment and maybe even try to add more tubes as space and money allow. Some coral react better to deep blue light some don't do more than survive with blue light. It's just a game of trial and error.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
We are just talking bulbs here. If you try say 2 blue + an aquasun and a 75/25, and its too blue, then swap out a blue + for another daylight bulb, and stick it in the closet until its time to replace them.

Its really low risk

nightfire76

i think i will most likely go with UVL,by what i saw on the charts,this seems like it'll have a great range of color with a good amount of blue...am i right?
Super Actinic
75/25 Bulb 14000K
12000K Actinic White
10000K AquaSun

funkpolice

I have a 6 bulb fixture and run 2 aquablue special, 2 blue +, and the other two I've been playing with. I had an ati actinic which I wasn't crazy about. I'm using a fugi purple now that I really like. I've also had an ati pro color, which is a red bulb, and a geisman 6k, which is really yellow. I would go with 2 aquablue specials, they aren't really blue, more of a white bulb. and either two blue plus, or a blue plus and a figi purple. ask 100 people what bulb to use and you'll get 200 answers. it's already been said, but t5s are relatively cheap to replace so if you don't like what you have, try something new. maybe there is a local reef club that you could join and borrow a couple bulbs and really experiment.