Need Frag ID

Smoker

I bought this coral frag tonight at LFS. They couldn't tell me what it is and couldn't find it in a reference book. There were 4 green ones and 2 whites on the rock. One of the whites fell off on the way home. The bases are a stalk like an anemone. Does anyone know?

what1.jpg

Blndbunny

They look like a fuzzy green mushroom. Mine pull in like that when they are nit happy, but are quite large when open. My clown thinks that it and my frog spawns are the greatest thing ever

Smoker

They look like a fuzzy green mushroom. Mine pull in like that when they are nit happy, but are quite large when open. My clown thinks that it and my frog spawns are the greatest thing ever

Thanks. I found photos online that indicate that's what they are. Not a lot of care info so I'll treat them like regular mushrooms. I found another on that rock = 7 for $15. The store got them in 3 days ago and right now they open 1 inch +.

Mike Johnson

They are a low light coral. When exposed to light that is too bright they will stay small and/or turn white like one in your pic. Best to put them on the bottom and end of your tank.

Newjack

Thanks. I found photos online that indicate that's what they are. Not a lot of care info so I'll treat them like regular mushrooms. I found another on that rock = 7 for $15. The store got them in 3 days ago and right now they open 1 inch +.

This is what I found on them..

Care Level: Easy
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Lighting: Moderate
Waterflow: Medium
Placement: Bottom to Middle
Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025
Color Form: Green, Purple, Tan
Supplements: Strontium, Iodine, Trace Elements
Origin: Indo-Pacific
Family: Discosomatidae

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
As John stated, they can get very large so give them plenty of room to grow and they can be pretty aggressive towards other corals.

Smoker

I put them on the bottom at end of tank under pumps (near clown corner and he shows no interest yet). Still too much light, I guess, as they stay small and grow larger when only the actinics are on. Too much flow caused two of them to bail.

I will move them to my 10G like so many other previous corals that it looks more like a DT and DT looks like a frag tank. DT is one year old this week. Time to redo the rocks and make more shady spots. And roundup the escapees.

Thank you all for the help.