Need Advice on Capture

NjRiCaN

I have 2 tomato clowns in my tank that a bought a while ago. they are not paired up yet. the are never together and host 2 different places. I actually wanted clarkii's initially but my LFS was taking forever to get them in so i went with the tomato's. just yesterday i bought 2 clarkii's that they finally got in. they had only 2 left so i bought them but i still have the tomato's too. while i was acclimating my clarkii's i end up spending 2 1/2 hrs trying to catch the tomato's. they are to fast and to smart. they kept hiding behind my rock work and was not trying to become trapped. i have a lot of rockwork with coral all over it. is there a technique i can use to catch them without taking all the rockwork out? any advice will be appreciated.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
There are a couple of ideas. One is to place some food in the net (sinking type of food works best) and use this to entice them close enough to nab.

Another way (which I have used with success) is to drain the water level low enough (to about 2 inches) so you can nab them.