need a home for sailfin tang

I have a sailfin tang, and it is not a handsome specimen. It either developed lateral line disease, or, what I think, it developed that syndrome common to it's species
where it's dorsal and anal fins just shrivel up. in short, it looks like Frankenstein. The other side is, the fish is apparently in very vigorous health, judging by it's activity level, appetite, alertness, etc.
The fish store which sold him to me(3 or 4 yrs ago) for $110 won't accept him back, even after originally agreeing to accept him back, and even after accepting one or two other perfect specimen expensive fishes which I bought elsewhere and had to get rid of due to compatability issues in my single tank. If someone would be willing to give this fish a decent home, I would pay them$100 to accept it. My problem is, I need to close down my tank and this Sailfin is my last remaining fish, and he doesn't look like he is gonna die of old age anytime soon, and I cannot kill him, certainly not under these circumstances. I am in NYC area, if anyone is interested, ps the price is negotiable.

yankieman

I would take him if i lived close but Illinois is bit to far LOL but there should be someone close by who will take him...good luck on getting him a new home

Surfnut

Check with one of the local aquariums: Or Aquariums within a couple of hours drive from you. They may take him off your hands and give him the best home a fish could ask for. Maybe you'll get lucky and the fish will go into a main display tank. 20,000 gallons sounds like a nice place to kick it.

LSUFireGal

Yeah I was thinking public aquarium too. I wish you were in my area. I would love to have him. My son has special needs and it would be cool to have a special fish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

DaveK

As a note, most public aquariums do not want fish owned by people in the hobby. Unless it's something really extraordinary, they just can't keep taking fish and other livestock we don't want any more.

Keep in mind that they would need to quarantine any new fish, and also have a place to put it.

Surfnut

As a note, most public aquariums do not want fish owned by people in the hobby. Unless it's something really extraordinary, they just can't keep taking fish and other livestock we don't want any more.

Keep in mind that they would need to quarantine any new fish, and also have a place to put it.
It never hurts to ask in my experience. <shrug>

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I would pay them$100 to accept it

Sounds like you could just pay the shipping to send him to a good home. A RS member that has been a member for sometime & has good husbandry skills & wants him, should be a great candidate... hope this helps.

Maybe post a pic too ...