Nashdk's RSM130D

nashdk

Did not think he looked very nice either so caught him this afternoon..:chainsaw:

Week 3:

Today I installed the Tunze 3155 Osmolator to the left of the skimmer using the accesory bracket as a mounting point. Worked pretty well if I have to say it my self :bouncer: :

osmolator.jpg

osmolator2.jpg

osmolator3.jpg

osmolator4.jpg

My 4 turbo snails apparently cannot keep up with the algae bloom completely so I have removed som of the green hair algae manually.

The water values have been stable the last week and the shrimp and all 5 snails are doing fine so hopefully the algae phase will soon be over!
I am considering buying 3-4 more turbo snails. If everything goes as planned I will be ready to introduce 2 clownfish and a couple of sarcophyton corals in 2 weeks.

nashdk

Heh I guess keeping the cabinet in an orderly fashion has a general low priority in here :)

redsea_reefer: Thanks for the advice. I probably should get a couple of each instead of more turbo snails.

nashdk

Today I introduced 2 clownfish, a coral, an anemone, a red legged hermit crab and 1 more turbo snail to the tank.
Algae growth has decreased and the water values are still in line.
The two clowns seems to enjoy their new home although they have not shown any interest in neither the coral nor the anemone so far.
I will leave the tank to mature for at least a month before adding a new fish or more corals. In the meantime I am considering purchasing an external filter in order to be able to remove the filter media below the pumps. My hope is that removing this media will eliminate the last bit of microbubbles :)
I drilled 2 holes in each of the pump intakes which should prevent the pumps from sucking up the bag with active coal - so far it works! :turntable

week3.jpg

week32.jpg

week33.jpg

week34.jpg

nashdk

Week 4:

I have made a 20% water change and added a Hydor Koralia.
The algae growth is under control and the snails are doing their job. Combined with some manual algae harvest I expect the algae growth to be greatly diminished within the next couple of weeks.

week4.jpg

I have cleaned the stock filter media which have removed most of my microbubble problems. The stock black filter sponge have been cut to 2/5 of the original thickness and I have added a chemical polyfilter and some filterwool on top of the filter sponge. It works pretty well and does not cut the flow significantly.

I have ordered a Hydor Flo along with a Tunze 9002 skimmer and plan to order the StevieT's Media rack as soon as he reopens the store. That should end the (neverending) list of technical purchases for now.
Up next are more corals and a new fish in 2-3 weeks.