NanoCube 6, Take III - Reef Lobster

cbrownfish

So I have decided that 18W's of PC light is just NOT enough to keep any interesting corals long term (softies or otherwise). Technically, this is the wife's tank and she wanted "something interesting" in it. :idea: So......I have always threatened to make this nano invert oriented but never did until now. I pulled all of the old rock out and replaced it with some of the nice Marco pieces I got from a recent group order placed by my local reef club. Those pieces have been sitting in the main sump under a 150W halide, so they have some corraline coverage.

In any case, I picked up a real nice ~4" Reef Lobster today from Carolina Frags and he seems to have taken nicely to it's new rocky abode! Thanks Larry!

FTS (yes, I threw in some Xenia for movement :) )--

2916315059_2d791bd474_o.jpg

FTS w/flash --

2917162102_43d10a976c_o.jpg

Lucy the Lobster (Ummmm.....yeah) --

2917161954_7fe198dccc_o.jpg

2917161740_19d12f14fc_o.jpg

2916315307_5b1ddc6ea2_o.jpg

Just hanging 'round --

2917161044_90bf0de80e_o.jpg

For the record, here are the first 2 takes.

Take I --

2454975042_aaa7efe6c2_o.jpg

Take II --

2454974686_046f726dc1_o.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:LOL:

We sold Julie's 6g too last year. It just didn't get the attention it deserved.

Aw I love that lobster. She's so cute! Does she move around at all, or does she wait 'til the lights go out? I wanted one but I thought they were nocturnal and didn't wanna buy something that was just gonna be hiding out all the time. Turns out that's what my Coral Banded shrimp does anyway. That was my alternative. :smack:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've got one in my 10g Frag tank that's over 3 years old and VERY nocturnal. The only way I get to see him in "Day Light" is to drop a piece of scallop or something down in the front of the tank and watch him "stalk" it and yank it back into the rock.

I've got one in my 10g Frag tank that's over 3 years old and VERY nocturnal. The only way I get to see him in "Day Light" is to drop a piece of scallop or something down in the front of the tank and watch him "stalk" it and yank it back into the rock.

Ah, the good ol' baiting and stalking technique. :ashamed: <--- That's me watching from afar! haha. Been there and done that. I get so excited when my Coral Banded falls for it. And we wonder why non-reefers think we're nuts! :laughroll