Nano princess's 38 gallon nuvo tank - start date- Oct 6, 2011

Sept 10, 2012- After tank went nuts... after I gutted it and added saltwater from active tank and more water changes, removed all coral. Got it all back under controll.. MMMNNNN... lets see what is in it now, what lived and what survived. The only thing since the tank went nuts that seems to not be back to itself is my frogspawn still hasnt opened. But what lived and survived seems to be doing well. I also got another clam the other day and a Bubble Coral and LT Plate Coral, which my dag on Clown adores and is actually very very gentle in it but this is why I need me a big fluffy Leather Toadstool . So I Just wanted to share with everyone how its looking and whats going on today.
005-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

001-3.jpg

004-5.jpg

011-2.jpg

016-3.jpg

001a.jpg

015-2.jpg

Guess taking out all that gorgeous faux coral has me now having to do the real..lol
I miss my tank with the faux...boo hoo..but oh I will just have to learn to appreciate the finer( real) things in life. Wink wink

Let's see what do I have real in my tank now as of Sept 10,2012
Frogspawn, torch coral, bubble coral, lobo, mushroom, LT plate, hammer, clown,cardinal,chromi,starry blenny, pisto shrimp, crocea clam, deresa clam

What's fake now in tank- nadah...nothing...anyone want my gorgeous artfificial coral?

Wants-2 korillas, led light strip, duncan coral, a frogspawn that opens, big fluffy toadstool,zoas,pulsing Xenia, and a leopard wrase, and oh yeah one more clam- clam man comes tommorrow with my blue maxima..whoot whoot and saving for my future
RSM250

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Very nice NP love the Clams, what are you using for lighting and how many watts ?
The reason I ask is Crocea and to a lesser degree Maxima's demand strong lighting.

Very nice NP love the Clams, what are you using for lighting and how many watts ?
The reason I ask is Crocea and to a lesser degree Maxima's demand strong lighting.

I have the t5 high out put for now. I have a couple of friends who have just clam tanks and they use t5 too .. But it could be they are gifted. My crocea is right up under the light. Deresa bottom of the tank. The new little peanut size maxima was placed up at the tippy top and sure enough did the nose dive. I had to rip my tank apart trying to find this itty bitty tiny thing. I places him on a rock in the sand. Too afraid to place him up their again. He would fall again he can into some coral that would eat him. Me is so dag on tiny. My snails are bigger then him. But I will see how it goes. I asked about adding some kind of led strips to the t5. But didn't want to spend a fortune on it at this time. Just one strip. I had a post going about this marine innovative light strip but everyone said it was only 1 watt and won't do anything.

I have the light system aqua life t5 high output with timer and moonlight LEDs. 4 tubes) I don't know what wattage it is or any of that stuff. Would you happen to be able to figure it out for me?? I could order a slim 2 tube one to butt up against each other and then it would be 6 tubes ..should I do that????
Blessings

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
It appears to be 96 watt system definitely not the most intense but the Crocea appears to be doing well, keep an eye on it. I would also suggest that once the T maxima attaches to the rock that you move it back to the top of the tank clser to the light.

Happy One year anniversary. Many changes...worst was my not so brilliant idea of adding faux corals. Within a week my tank crashed.
For about 8 months I had just fish and live rock and a clam
152.jpg

Then added the faux coral and an anenome
014abc.jpg

Then tank crashed- I do believe all the coral leached out something..okay not all the coral. But some from specific vendors.
Then did an entire clean up and lost many fish, the anenome, and removed some live rock, added all new water and began adding real coral and new fish.
040-1.jpg

Then we have more changes over the past couple of months. Some coral just didn't do well in a few weeks, bubble coral and plate coral. Clown fish drove them nuts....they the corals didn't survive. Also the gorgeous leopard did a nose dive the second day and was found dead.
So changed things up some and here how it progressed
4770c1003f251c75398e2e9c66aa0b1b.jpg

810cb5ef3f44a3d5b170dd9768ee04ad.jpg

11c39c70a5c47f49bfd11432127eaec4.jpg

I love her
a27e3015b8e23cd8fa10461398cc5212.jpg

Iam looking forward to seeing how my leather toadstools grow because my torch takes over the tank...ayayayay
What I have learned in this past year, not to get to attached to anyone thing in your tank anything can go at any minute. My baby clam just didn't make it. How come it's always the most expensive???? That goes the fastest..