My slow 135g build

JoJo

here's a quick slideshow of the newest member of our family. originally he was named Stanley but i thought Caddy fit him better because he's big like a cadillac and he's a top dollar dog($1500-2500) so he's expensive like one too.

Caddy's homecoming

Willie McDaries

JOJO,your aquascape looks great,looks like your winning the battle with the cyano,I been fighting it for a while now,I may have to go lights out for a few days

JoJo

hey Rob, congrats on the new ankle biter. lol

i got some pics of our set up at the big adopt-a-thon saturday

adoptathon6.jpg

adoptathon5.jpg

adoptathon4.jpg

adoptathon3.jpg

JoJo

yea, i thought of naming him teddy bear.
the tank is ok, the turf scrubber is starting to take off with algae. i'm trying to keep track of the pH since adding it, i was hoping the ATS would stablize it a little better but i have to keep playing with the opposite timing schedule to find what suites best.

Willie McDaries

JoJo,

I finally made it through your entire thread,mostly looked at the pics,you have done a great job :)

how do you like the turbo floater skimmer,I have 3 of them to go on my new system,I'm using 2 right now on the 2 tanks I have now,they work great for me.:)

how'd you like the ripley's aquarium in Gatlinburg,I been there twice,first time before I started the saltwater aqua,I was amazed at the sharks,the second time I couldn't hardly leave the reef display they have,I was like I got 1 of those and 1 of those and I want 1 of those :)

Tru2nr

jojo sounds like your battle is doing good just like mine i have finnally gotten rid of the bypros and it is now sitting in a tub of SW to finish the process i think my anthelia is gone and as sad as that is i would rather have that then have a tank filled with byrpsyus

Stacef

Jojo,

I have an amazing rescue story for you! We rescued a 11 month old pit bull yesterday. The pound gave us an hour to either take her, or they were putting her down because she has heart worms. Needless to say.. we took her! She stole our heart, and deserved to live. I will post pictures up shortley. She started her treatment at 5 pm yesterday, and had her second shot today, we pick her up tomorrow, hopefully they weren't to bad and she has a decent recovery! I will keep you updated, thought you would enjoy the story! Keep in touch :)

JoJo

Thats great news Stace, thanks so much for saving her. Did they tell you how severe her HW is? I dont think it could be to bad or they wouldnt have let you adopt her. Please do keep me posted by emailing me: joe@bayareabullies.org and check out me website: Bay Area Bullies. I will be launching another pitbull website based on dog training and selling the tools needed for training dogs soon so when you're ready to start training let me know.

On another note, you can tell from all i'm doing in the above paragraph I haven't had much time for the tank so i'm converting to FW since it's less time consuming. My tank has been neglected for the last 4-6 months so it's time to cut my losses, i'm selling things that i wont need for FW:

-Reeflo Snapper pump (used for 1yr and 3 months) $120
-Koralia 4 pump (used for 6-8 months) $20
-ASM G-2 skimmer (used for 3-4 months) $125
-SCWD 1" (used less than a month) $40
and possibly some of the light, just not sure what yet

if you're interested you can email me: joe@bayareabullies.org

jesse92

im extremely jealous of ur dogs Jojo......i want a pitbull sooo bad but in Australia theyre illegal which really sux for me :(.....great thread by the way

MrPex

i have a pit/beagle/lab mix- i call her my little pit beagle. she has the pit head and stance, the beagle stubbornness and the lab's coat. she's a rescue that we found on the streets of san jose, and, unbeknownst to us at the time, she was pregnant. we ended up keeping one from the litter, and apparently, her dad was german shephard... but they're both my little sweet loveyhounds...

JoJo

jojo what is the asm g-2 rated at and can you post a pic? im interested i need a new skimmer

i'll try to get a pic uploaded once i finish dismantling the plumbing and cleaning everything for sale. The skimmer is rated upto a 150g and it's modified with the gate valve for more accurate skimming.

im extremely jealous of ur dogs Jojo......i want a pitbull sooo bad but in Australia theyre illegal which really sux for me :(.....great thread by the way

Thanks for the compliments. That does suck they're banned in your area since they're such great dogs and are misunderstood. Some of our states have banned pitbulls, along with parts of Canada and in Germany you have to prove to the goverment that you know enough about the breed and how to porperly house it in order be given a permit to keep them. This is why I do what I do as a dog trainer specializing in "dangerous breeds", a pitbull rescue and a pitbull activist because BSL will take over the world if people don't because away of it and start to fight it.

i have a pit/beagle/lab mix- i call her my little pit beagle. she has the pit head and stance, the beagle stubbornness and the lab's coat. she's a rescue that we found on the streets of san jose, and, unbeknownst to us at the time, she was pregnant. we ended up keeping one from the litter, and apparently, her dad was german shephard... but they're both my little sweet loveyhounds...

Congrats and thank you for rescuing your dog(s) but remember that stubborness is a definate trait of pitbulls but they are also loved for being goofy along with labs.