My New Tank

tommyp

Cheeks not much exciting going on in the tank yet. Just some zoos lots of rock and a few miniscule frags and with the radiums it makes it real hard to get good pics.

Will start stocking the tank shortly. Once I get the calcium reator done.

tommyp

Here you go cheeks here are some closeups of the fishes.

Da copperband

CBB.jpg

and da orange spot wabbit

rabbit.jpg

tommyp

yeah he is my favorite, he changes to the coloration pictured when he is out swimming in the open. when next to the rocks he turns rust colored in between the orange spots. people think i am crazy when I tell them he is blue between the spots cause he keeps to the rocks alot when people he doesn't know are around the tank.

TomV

I just read the whole thread and followed the whole saga!

Wow! Great job, Tommy!!! Looks awesome!!! If you ever need some Hairy Shrooms, let me know! I have a TON of them now! I have to frag some out since they are currently fighting the orange centered zoos I got from you originally (I believe) for rock space!

My Blue Shrooms and Red Shrooms have been pretty prolific as well!

tommyp

Hey thanks guys.

it is getting there.

things aren't so hot with the sps. I have added some large colonies due to local people getting out of the hobby offloading stuff and most have not faired well. I think I am having issues with keeping the alk stable. just have to tweek the calcium reactor. Didn't want to add sps so soon as I wanted to get everything really squared away.

I have to get my top off setup rigged up. I have been topping off by hand.
bought a 5/8" diamond drill so i can drill some tanks for Water change and top off. I tried drilling my 5.5 and ended up cracking it when I put the speed fit bulkhead. but I figured I would crack it anyway cause it is so thin. I was just drilling it for the hell of it anyway before I start on more expensive tanks.

Been dealing with some ICh too but it seems to be getting better.

CBB was getting thin so started feeding him a mussel everyday and he is fattening up nicely. i was previously feeding him mysis and that didn't seem to be doing the job. I think the CBB eat alot more than people think.

TOm

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I agree with you that CBB's require a LOT of food! Karma to ya for feeding yours well!! :)