My new Red Sea Max 650 S Build

dustinc

Hey, the system looks great. I'm looking at getting a 650 myself and was wondering if you could give me the sump compartment measurements. The left side seems like it would be great for a refugium, but I would also probably want to replace the skimmer so I didn't know how big that area is. Thanks in advance!

carlfike

Sea in the city do you happen to know the measurements of the back wall of the tank? I'm going to start making a background and I'm having trouble finding those numbers.

Marcye,

How much room is in the "chiller" compartment? Is it big enough for a small frag tank or refugium? I've contacted Aviad about getting a s-series up here in mid America, crossed fingers. I am trying to decide if it's going to accomplish everything I want it to. I'm stepping down from a 380 gallon tank that was in my basement, trying to get something in the realm of 150-200 gallons in my kitchen/dining room, back where I can enjoy it everyday instead of it being a chore.

Thanks,
Adam

Sorry, I didn't get these messages. The area of the chiller is about 16" front to back and about 15" long but keep in mind it's right underneath the electrical compartment. I personally wouldn't do a moist area right there.

dustinc

Could you give me the dimensions of the skimmer compartment as well as the refugium area? I'm looking at ordering a 650, but want to know how much room I have to work with in there? Thanks!

Choff

Awesome tank! I'll be following closely as well. I have a 650 coming sometime in the next few weeks. I would also like to know your thoughts on a chiller. You said previously the lights were quite hot and the tank was running at 78 deg. What part of the country do you live in? What is typical room temp in the house? Do you have central air?

Sapphire

I'm so excited to follow this thread! 650 would be awesome!!! Unfortunately it will be ages before they'll be anywhere near my part of the world..... :)