My new home!

cUddlefish

As some of you know - I am a former collector and still collect around the Tampa Bay area just for fun. Any one ever make their way here and I'll sow em where to collect.

ReefLady

Staff member
cuddlefish, I'm going to be in Venice in June... would love to go collecting just for fun!

T

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I'll be going to Melbourne several times this summer... that's not too far from you! :D

cUddlefish

Melbourne is not to far.

To bring yall up to speed. I collect Gorgonians, gobies, puffers, pistol shrimp, mantis shrimp, seahorses, sponges, many kinds of plants, a little red anemonae, bivalves, and other stuff. Everything I collect is in very shallow water. 10-15 feet from shore. There's more but I cannot remenber everything. Sometimes I catch cling fish - that has to be my favorite fish of all.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Cuddlefish... I will be down your way for 10 days beginning the 28th of this month... is the offer still open???

Jiddy

Hey Cuddle what is the possibility that you could sell&ship some LR to me? Do you know anyone that can?

Also, have you taken any underwater photos?

cUddlefish

Well I've been super busy - Sorry I haven't been around. The email from Travis woke me up.

Live rock cannot be collected in Florida waters any more.

I do not have the ability to take underwater photos but Christmas is coming!

hooterhead

just curious. you said that you can get many plants and seahorses. what types of plants (seagrasses maybe???) and horses can you get? i'm starting up a new tank for seahorses and an estuary will be the theme for this one. so once my sand bed gets well established, i'm going to be looking for some seagrass of some sort. what would you charge for some of these things as i'll be pretty much impossible for me to make it down there to collect with you.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I might have to take a ride down there after i get my tank set up and see this for myself!

Snooker00

My son and I are both ready to hookup anytime, we are just south of ya.
We have never been collecting... well except for bugs, and stonies, ya know gotta eat.

Teeka

Who all is in the Melbourne area? I am in Palm Bay. Melbourne is about 6 miles from where I live. I don't have my tank set up yet. I am still in the process of buying the equipment.