My Fish are moving

caitrina

Well, I think they have been eavesdropping, the fish that is...I looked in my tank and they are swimming in schools carrying little knapsacks on sticks, moving out. OK, maybe that was just my imagination...however, this isn't . The fish gotta move for a brief period of time. I have to get new floor covering (thanks to the tornado that nailed me) now my question is this...is this move going to have a BIG effect on my inhabitants. I am thinking that as long as I don't disturb the sand bed too much things should be ok when I move everything back again. After that corner of the floor is down the tank will be put back again.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Just be careful to not stir up the sand bed and you may be alright. I guess you're moving them OUT of the tank and going to almost empty it of water right? Tanks sometimes don't move so well with much water in them.

Good luck and take pics :)

caitrina

Yep, tank will be emptied as much as it can be. This will be interesting to say the least. I bet I catch that dog gone tang Dr. Hank wanted. Probably be almost no water in the tank when I do...I am sure the pictures of this will be interesting too.

lcstorc

Keep the rock under water if at all possible. I left my fish in a small tank with an airstone overnight just because I didn't want to put them in with the tank soo cloudy. Of course I did my move in one day and moved the sand.
If you are doing the move this weekend let me know. We can come down and help. I also have my large saltwater trashcans and assorted other stuff I could bring that would be useful.

caitrina

I am doing the move tomorrow morning so they can get the floor done. I am not moving sandbed out, leaving in and plan on just slowly siphoning water back in so it doesnt disturb it too much. Almost using a drip method or plan on it anyway...lol...you know how plans go? You also know I have a new number for the hosue so when I call you tonight answer the phone...lol