My first monti!!

Wolfgang8810

It is an aqua cultured neon pink monti. I got it for 40 bucks. a little steep but i liked it. What do you think?

DSC_0804.jpg

vdituri

Nice looking monti there!

The pic is really good too. Looks like a ray of sunshine has come thru the clouds. Enjoy!

BEELZEBOB

that thing is sweet.

id pay $40 fo sho. dont sweat it. give it like 9 months and sell some fraggies

Wolfgang8810

Where did ya get it? I want one..

Jason
I got it from my LFS. There is a guy areound here that is aquaculturing some amazing corals! There was also a neon green birdsnest that i thought about buying but everything in my tank is green so i thought pink would be a nice change of pace.

In my upcoming 90 gallon tank i will have 260watts of PC lighting over it. What would that kind of lighting support? mostly softies? THANKS

Frankie

RS STAFF
Huh, I would find out what kind of lights and kelvin that frag was under if you want it to stay that color. I am betting 250-400watt 10k MH's. the color is so bright i would not be surprised if it was a zeo tank.
Very nice score! Good luck with it.

Triggerjay

I bet it was under 20k's.. Higher kelvin = more color. lower kelvin = higher growth. I would love to have a bright pink monti like that...

Jason

Triggerjay

I have been looking into the zeovit system, and prodibio.. It seems they are super water strippers... stripping the water of basically everything nutrient wise. I hear you have to make sure you feed coral food, because if you don't, these systems are SO efficent that there will be nothing left for the corals to feed on. Talk about clean water!

Jason