My first coral in the 29g..

Triggerjay

Here is a couple of pics of my new coral. I got a bonus too.. If you look at the closeup of the zoa's, there is a tiny amount of Xenia within the Zoa colony.
fish1012.jpg

fish1015.jpg

fish1013.jpg

and the closeup...
fish1022.jpg

Its soooo nice to see things starting to take shape!

Jason

Triggerjay

I already do! I want some shrooms, and pulsing xena...Got the RO/DI unit today, so that will make water changes a little cheaper.

Jason

Devilboy

nice looking palys.

are you sure that last photo is a xenia? It would be cool if it was. Hard to tell since its out of focus, but possible can be aiptasia.

Triggerjay

I will try to get a better pic of it.. My camera doesnt like to focus in on real small stuff..

Jason

lcstorc

If you have a macro setting (looks like a little flower) try using that. Put the lens of the camera right up on the glass.

Triggerjay

oh yeah, I have a macro setting. I have tried everything. If its smaller than a dime, my camera doesn't like it. I'm sure it is capable of it, its my not knowing how. Its a Sony DSP-H2. Here is the camera...:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/SonyH2/

I have tried the macro settings, and adjusting the arperture, and all kinds of stuff.. it just gets blury when the digital zoom kicks in. The zoom looks fine the first 12X, as it is an optical zoom, but the last 12X are digital, and it blurrs..... like I said though, I'm sure it is something I am doing...I will try some pics with my old camera and see how they turn out..

Jason

lcstorc

Digital zoom stinks. I know exactly what you are talking about. My new camera doesn't even have it and that makes life so much easier. I would try with just the optical zoom and the macro setting. Hopefully that will work for you. You could move the rock closer to the glass for the pic. That should help. Then you won't need as much zoom.

Triggerjay

heres some better pics of the "creatures" I am talking about :
fish1037.jpg

fish1036.jpg

fish1035.jpg

fish1034.jpg

Hope these look better than the first ones..

Jason