My Custom 6g Nano

TonyD

I was going to try yo do everything myself but decided to have the tank made by a local acrylic place just to be safe.

It took about 5 days to get the tank:
nano1.jpg

nano2.jpg

Using scrap wood and a single coralife fixture, I wanted to test everything out.

nano3.jpg

Much to my wifes chagrin, I built it in the living room:

DSC02792.JPG

DSC02793.JPG

DSC02796.JPG

DSC02801.JPG

In the end I decided I needed more light and added a second fixture.
nano-lights.jpg

And it sits like this right now.
nano-1.jpg

The wife is going to take this one to work and I get to start on my next project, a 10g or 15g Nano.

TonyD

It's benn used for various things so far. It housed my maroon clown pair till they got big enough to go in my other tank. Mainly it's used to grow out frags before placing them in one of the larger tanks. When it goes on the wife's desk it will be a mini-reef with a couple of shrimp and maybe a gobie.

cbrownfish

If you add clowns, I would recommend searching for a breeder that has 2 tiny juveniles. He is my old 6 gallon nano with 2 juvenile clows (only one visible in this pic) --

2454974686_046f726dc1_o.jpg

[sorry, hope you don't mind the pic/input!]

TonyD

When they were in there, they were small. Even now they are still small, but they have the run of the 150g with nothing but a single damel and a large CuC. Just because I'm new here, please don't assume I'm new to the hobby.
Here's the maroon at thier current size.

150fish.jpg

BEELZEBOB

do yall like not read or what?

he had it built by an acrylic company.

and anyone building like that aint anewb.

good work man, and corgrats

TonyD

$45 for the tank(it was a little pricey because it was a one off)
$24 for each light fixture
$30 for the koralia
$12 for the hardware
$12 for the heater
-------------------
~$150 in direct out of pocket expense.

I had the AC70 and the wood was left over from another stand build.
Sure I could have bought an off the shelf cube for about the same money, but I wanted it my way and not like everyone elses.

When I do my next one I'll do a few things differently. For the same money I spent I could have done it wil a closed loop and a smallish sump. THe next one will be without the canopy and the stand will hide the sump and equipment.

yungreefer2410

beezlebob i'm not an idiot i was talking to cbrownfish. looking back at his picture i see nanocube in the picture. so i am right its as nanocube. only a dumbass would think that tony's 6g is a nanocube